The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

The knife is a Queen slimline trapper that I was offered in trade by a member here a few years ago. The tang stamp was used from 1932-1955. I like the knife a lot more than I thought I would; and, accordingly, I carry it often...though I admit that I consider its age and value (to me) when using it.

The coin is an 1838 Coronet (Matron head) large cent. My friends at Google told me it was issued by the United States Mint in Philadelphia from 1816 until 1839. There are two similar designs of the Coronet large cent, the Matron Head and the Braided Hair

Here's a Braided Hair, produced from 1839-1857, for comparison
JCqSv88.jpg
Thank you for the information those are very cool coins and a beautiful knife :thumbsup:

A propos 3, here's a 15 and a Prussian 3 Mark coin, the equivalent of a Vereinsthaler, if I'm not mistaken. Older Thalers were usually bigger, more like the 5 Mark coin, which is cca the same size as a silver dollar. Afterall, the word dollar came from the word Thaler.

Ntaqj3A.jpg

Here's a couple of coins with a schrade walden 3" half congress. I have no idea where I got the jamaican coin. The 1925 coin was given to me by I ISKRA .

IMG_4716.JPG

Today I decided it would be kind of neat to carry a small and slim knife alongside some of the random coins that I have, just for fun. For now that knife will be this schrade until I'm ready for a different knife. I just bought a small coin lot from the bay for a few bucks that includes a buffalo nickel, indian head penny and a liberty nickel. I never thought I would spend money on money and always found that idea strange but the coins are pretty neat and I wanted some old US coins. I'll be showing them (along with a knife) when they arrive.

Back