The Cowbell Build Thread

Oh man that's got some love on it! Another great shot, thanks fornpostin that Cory. There's gonna be another Bone Linen coming out in this batch also, can't wait.

Oh man that's got some love on it! Another great shot, thanks fornpostin that Cory. There's gonna be another Bone Linen coming out in this batch also, can't wait.
This little Cowbell sliced through strapping on hundreds of pallets of pottery this spring and probably the same amount of limes for margaritas this summer!

I have been surprised how few bone linens are out there. It is beautiful stuff.

My Cowbell arrived Monday which was a day ahead of schedule.

I thought John’s hands would be too sore and tired from all the hand-sewing on the sheaths to put much effort into packing niceties. Apparently he must be a stud because he fuzzstick-carved a small mountain of fine wood curl packing material to encase the contents. Inside this protective cocoon is a well-wrapped knife along with some nice personal touches.

i-R6kLDRd-L.jpg

i-8zk2pQT-L.jpg

…and finally we get to the knife & sheath. WOW! Spearpoint #1 turned out even better than I hoped. Beautiful finish on the blade. Nice character in the G-Carta handle scales. And of course that famous “click” fit in the sheath.

i-xFDNDKn-XL.jpg

i-n8H5MtJ-XL.jpg

i-TzTdR3M-XL.jpg

i-WSLwjnd-XL.jpg

i-WNsvxMh-XL.jpg

i-mbCJZG6-XL.jpg

Great job John! Look for more user pics of this one in the months to come.

Thanks!!

Phil
Love those scales! Great job John! :thumbsup:

Man you guys take some great pictures!!

Whittling those little shavings takes it's toll! 😁

My big question for everyone about the packaging was if those little shavings were a mess to deal with!

Can't tell you guys how awesome the effort you put into your posts is, I really appreciate that. It really makes me want to up my game every time.

My first thought upon seeing the packing was, “Why is there a loofah in my knife box? 🤔” My second thought once I realized what it was, “Nice tinder for my wood stove. 😏

The bottom line is that it works for its intended purpose of protecting the contents from handling damage. In today’s world you also get sensitivity bonus points for using an environmentally renewable material instead of that evil plastic bubble wrap.

Thanks again John. 👍

Phil

My first thought upon seeing the packing was, “Why is there a loofah in my knife box? 🤔” My second thought once I realized what it was, “Nice tinder for my wood stove. 😏

The bottom line is that it works for its intended purpose of protecting the contents from handling damage. In today’s world you also get sensitivity bonus points for using an environmentally renewable material instead of that evil plastic bubble wrap.

Thanks again John. 👍

Phil
Your welcome Phil, should I advertise free loofah with every purchase... some assembly required 😁

Shoot if it makes you happy then next time I get in on one, I'll let you do 'er up in Blue Canyon, Bone Linen, or surprise me with a little "maker's choice" 😁
Makers choice would be a blue canyon drop point with a belt sheath, I'll make myself one sometime.

On a side note, did anyone notice that we only took three Dibs instead of four? Must be that time of year for.....

Last edited:
Makers choice would be a blue canyon drop point with a belt sheath, I'll make myself one sometime.

On a side note, did anyone notice that we only took three Dibs instead of four? Must be that time of year for.....
As you should sir! And I did notice that, but I doubt it would've made a difference haha. Hmmm

Some really nice knives. I would love s Mexican blanket spear point. Excuse this, I may have asked before, what steel are these cowbells made with? Please share more pics of these pretty knives.:)

Some really nice knives. I would love s Mexican blanket spear point. Excuse this, I may have asked before, what steel are these cowbells made with? Please share more pics of these pretty knives.:)
Glad you like them, they're 52100 steel.

Join the email newsletter and be fast the the email drops.

cbach8tw cbach8tw get me your email and I'll put you in the list. You can send me a conversation on BF or gmail me at redmeadowknives.

Time for the 2nd Annual Deluxe Cowbell. A fancy pants with stabilized wood, a year etch, mini cowbell and a few extras, it's a fun build.

Last year we took the names of interested buyers, drew a name randomly and then drew for up to $25 dollars off the price.

What blade style should this years be?

Time for the 2nd Annual Deluxe Cowbell. A fancy pants with stabilized wood, a year etch, mini cowbell and a few extras, it's a fun build.

Last year we took the names of interested buyers, drew a name randomly and then drew for up to $25 dollars off the price.

What blade style should this years be?

This is always fun to watch and participate in. I think you should surprise us with maker's choice on the blade shape.

Thanks!

Phil

Back