Attention The CPK - Buy, Sell & Trade thread - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may consider being open to a regular MC since the difference is 3 hundredths of an inch in thickness and less than 2 oz in overall weight. My guess is that there is almost no perceivable functional difference.

I’m not here to persuade any one in any direction, but when I get to chop stuff up at home, I often use a few different blades, at least for awhile, just to compare how they feel and work. I definitely feel a difference between the HDMC and the MC. Both are a joy to use.

If the added weight of the HDMC works for you, it will bite a bit deeper, at least I felt so. Both are incredible knives and will definitely get the job done. Just depends on your preferences and what you might be more comfortable with for particular jobs.

According to my scale, the HDMC comes in at 1 lb. 9-5/8 ounces and the Medium Chopper at 1 lb. 5-1/8 ounces. A 4-1/2 ounce difference. I’ve not been in a situation, lately, where I’ve had to chop for more than half an hour, so I don’t have long period experience with these two knives. For de-limboing and cutting up a Christmas tree, the heavy chopper was a lot of fun. Mike

WTS:
Super cool nice light and streaky MC (can’t confirm but I think they fit the HDMC/BC as well?) Antique Edge Cut scales.
These things kick a$$ but I am taken with my greens and that is good enough for me.
These will pair very nice with some of the UF scales I have been seeing posted up. They look dark in the photo as they have a light coat of Obenaufs on them which I can wipe off or leave as the buyer desires.

$old shipped and insured via Paypal or EMT if within Canada

0A800FB9-887F-4640-937A-07C4E29040ED.jpeg

Last edited:
WTS:
Super cool nice light and streaky MC (can’t confirm but I think they fit the HDMC/BC as well?) Antique Edge Cut scales.
These things kick a$$ but I am taken with my greens and that is good enough for me.
These will pair very nice with some of the UF scales I have been seeing posted up. They look dark in the photo as they have a light coat of Obenaufs on them which I can wipe off or leave as the buyer desires.

$120 shipped and insured via Paypal or EMT if within Canada

View attachment 1217650
Seconds?

The EDC3 is nice but I cannot tell for the life of me the difference between the EDC3 and my EDC2. I do like the Azula leather sheath but have to question if it commands such a premium. Nice knife of course in the chocolatley Antique Edge-Cut scales.
EDC 3 has a swedge, EDC2 does not:thumbsup:

Moving a few to get a few, you all know the cycle. Posting these here first until the weekend when they will go out on the main with slight price increases. Prices are for PayPal G&S shipped to the CONUS via USPS Priority Insured with Signature Required. I haven't taken pictures because I am lazy, but luckily, everyone here already knows what they look like. My reputation is marginal on here at best, so I would be leary about buying one of these from me.....

HDMC - Unused - D3V - Buffed Burlap scales - Mashed Cat sheath - $650 - Sold! - Shipped 10/29, tracking info provided to buyer via PM.

LC - Unused - D3V - Buffed Black scales - Buy Brown Dangler sheath - $550 - Sold! - Shipped 10/24, tracking info provided to buyer via PM.

UF - Unused - D3V - Buffed Natural or Buffed Black(only selling one of the two, whichever goes first) - Mashed Cat sheath -$350 - Sold! - Shipped 10/24, tracking info provided to buyer via PM - 10/27 - Buyer PM'd knife received and he is happy!

HDFK - Unused - D3V - Buffed Burlap or Buffed Rag(only selling one of the two, whichever goes first) - Mashed Cat sheath - $525 - Sold! - Shipped 10/24, tracking info provided to buyer via PM - 10/29 - Buyer PM'd knife received and he is happy!

Please PM me with interest or questions. Please don't ask me to email you at Mycheapassdonthaveamembership.com because you cannot send a PM, because I won't. Will get a picture taken in poor light at some point if you whine enough and beat me down to do it, but I won't like it. Thanks - Marc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back