The craziest thing you've done?

As you may have guessed from the title, I pose this question to you all: what's the most not-for-knives thing you've ever done with a Busse or kin knife?
Last week, my brother and I got a tractor stuck after a significant rain. We followed the normal procedure, and gathered branches to shove underneath the back tires for traction. The problem? Not enough adequately-sized branches were on the ground! I grabbed my beloved NMFSH (thanks Jared!) from the truck and went to town chopping. That done, we noticed another problem: there was too much mud in the way of where the branches needed to be! I pushed the blade into the firm slop and started shoveling. I bumped into quite a few pebbles and rocks (not to mention the dulling soil), but I had the edge back to popping hairs within 10 minutes on a knife steel.

The short of it? I now have a shaving-sharp tactical shovel with its original tactical cardboard :D

Last edited:
Very cool brother. My kind of usage right there. ...."What's that ya got there, a shovel, pick-axe, pry-bar?"....."Na....just a Busse"

Used a Rodent Solution to shot gun a beer in the Church parking lot before a buddies wedding. Not proud of that one but had to be done.

Well .......................... a couple of years back I was having a particularly $hitty day that had me in a mood to match . I took out a nice steak that was leftover from the BBQ the evening before , put some veggies with it , put it in the microwave to warm it up and turned to the fridge to grab myself a beer . That was quickly interrupted by a loud pop , a bright flash and a little smoke as my microwave pretty much blew up ruining everything in it .

So ..... I calmly put my dinner in the garbage , the glass plate and plastic ring from inside the microwave out in the recycle bin and picked up the microwave . I got that beer from the fridge , grabbed my Scrapyard Dog Father and headed out back where I placed said microwave on my wood splitting stump and then chopped it to shreds with the Dog Father .

But I'm MUCH better now :D

I was feeling no pain and had a fire going in my fireplace. Decided it would be a good idea to baton wood on the faux brick of the fireplace with my NMSFNO.

Took me a while to notice the damage I was doing...

The wife was not happy in the AM.

Probably that kind of stuff is why she is an ex wife now lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I was still pretty new to Busse knives, it came down to testing one without bias. Lent 2 landscapers an almost brand new CGFBM to help with my completely overgrown property...and tried not to wince every time one of them bounced it off a rock (I was inside the house)...

She cleaned up well.

Since then, she's logged about 20,000 miles as my "goodwill" Mistress...

I took pretty pictures of my NMFSH, then placed it back in its tactical cardboard sheath and put it away
...clearly not what the knife was intended for

EdyniUL.jpg

Back