The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Seller's pic? :)

Seller used stock image...but here they are:

4KpfraS.jpg

I've got two incoming, hope they look as good if not better than the pictures.

Sorry realized I should have specified after I hit send. Love the grain and coloring of that cocobolo. A lot of the ones I have seen don't seem to have as much red as that one.

Sorry realized I should have specified after I hit send. Love the grain and coloring of that cocobolo. A lot of the ones I have seen don't seem to have as much red as that one.

That's the whole reason I got it :) I'm not a fan of near black/all dark brown cocobolo

When the Bog Oak inlay was announced with the other new exotic wood inlays, it did not get my attention. Since then I looked into the history of it and learned that most of the high-quality darker Bog Oak is 3,000 to 7,000 years old and at the early stage of fossilization. The time and effort to extract it from the peat bogs and successfully dry it takes years and that did get my attention. So while it's not the most flashy or blingy, it has character based on it's ability to survive several thousand years and that gives it a story. This particular one has pretty nice Damascus to go with it.

33187233475_6fd29b1688_b.jpg

33187233705_32d487bca8_b.jpg

Last edited:
When the Bog Oak inlay was announced with the other new exotic wood inlays, it did not get my attention. Since then I looked into the history of it and learned that most of the high-quality darker Bog Oak is 3,000 to 7,000 years old and at the early stage of fossilization. The time and effort to extract it from the peat bogs and successfully dry it takes years and that did get my attention. So while it's not the most flashy or blingy, it has character based on it's ability to survive several thousand years and that gives it a story. This particular one has pretty nice Damascus to go with it.

Exactly what I am thinking and why I need to get one ...... and because it comes from the north of Germany, where I was born and raised :)

Nice piece. Congrats!

Getting ready to be shocked at the size,but also want to test it out and see what heck I can throw at it... seller photo...

I will post a separate thread about the walnut once I get it,and the story behind it.

Back