The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Santana has a Black Palm inlay up for sale. I tried searching for this one but couldn't find it. The owner said he bought it off of here in 2008.

I'll post better pics when it comes in. I'm pretty excited. My son thinks it is worth a million dollars because it has real gold in it. 😂😂

Ahhh...that's right!
Funny about the value the son has assigned..I would say you stole it :D

whut? :D

Great piece you scored there bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! How goes the sharpening battle?

Ahhh...that's right!
Funny about the value the son has assigned..I would say you stole it :D

whut? :D

Thanks! How goes the sharpening battle?

It's a work in progress. I need sit down and spend some serious time on it then I could probably get somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O got it on last night, I'm going to give it a few days but in the pants I wear the most the grip isn't exactly impressive.

Not too surprising considering that the total grip area is focused at the very front and everything in between is just clearance.
I would imagine that it slides around on the lip of the pocket.
The future from people buying these is surely to see more lost knives posts IMHO.

Not too surprising considering that the total grip area is focused at the very front and everything in between is just clearance.
I would imagine that it slides around on the lip of the pocket.
The future from people buying these is surely to see more lost knives posts IMHO.

the problem is the tip doesn't even contact the frame it's be OK in blue jeans I'd imagine but not in the knife pocket of my daily wear 5.11's. I shimmed the back top of the clip a bit so not it has contact but its still not grippy like the stock clip, it looks awesome but I think I'm going to go back to stock.

Hey DGI, what is the deal with the Mayo mod. Is that something they did at CRK or was it aftermarket?

Aftermarket. CRK got them to stop.

Thanks, I kind of figured as the holes aren't perfectly chamfered like I would have expected had CRK done the mod themselves.

Is there a story behind it all, like were they at one time a retailer...etc?

the problem is the tip doesn't even contact the frame it's be OK in blue jeans I'd imagine but not in the knife pocket of my daily wear 5.11's. I shimmed the back top of the clip a bit so not it has contact but its still not grippy like the stock clip, it looks awesome but I think I'm going to go back to stock.

Based on this and so many similar comments, I'm sticking with stock.

Yeah, that is what I seen in the pics when it first came out on Instagram and FB. It's hard to create tension on the pocket so far away from the attachment point. That is why the current CRK clips have two humps/folds. The initial helps guide it and the secondary helps with retention.
Hard to beat that original. The clip I made is pretty much based on that design, but it doesn't have the secondary hump closest to the attachment point. I added thickness to make it stiffer along the whole length, so it's mostly unnecessary.

Yeah, that is what I seen in the pics when it first came out on Instagram and FB. It's hard to create tension on the pocket so far away from the attachment point. That is why the current CRK clips have two humps/folds. The initial helps guide it and the secondary helps with retention.
Hard to beat that original. The clip I made is pretty much based on that design, but it doesn't have the secondary hump closest to the attachment point. I added thickness to make it stiffer along the whole length, so it's mostly unnecessary.
It has traction cut into the inside but the gap is still to big for my pants. If they had bulbed it out in the middle it'd be fine because it'd give you two pressure points.

If you worked in CF I'd wait until you're ready and pick up one from you. I'm going to give it some thought over the next few days and see if there is a way to make it work right.

:p :p :p :p :p :p

CGGFreedom_Classic-Inbound_zpsveokzr2h.jpg

Have this incoming- Pic borrowed from Billy. Hope you don't mind
Annd...a big sorry goes out to Ryan for this. I flip-flopped a few times at least.. Sorry my friend! At least it's not checking into the Roach Motel- Nice stuff checks in, but never checks out...If you know who I am talking about.

XAGoUXa.jpg

Very nice annual sebenza arround here. Congratulations!

Spalted Maple, Bill ??

Very nice annual sebenza arround here. Congratulations!

Spalted Maple, Bill ??

Yes!
I have been looking for a California Buckeye burl Annual..but this will do for now :D
Then it will be Pheasant tail..or a large old pivot tanto Umnumzaan.

Back