The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Been trying to score one of these for a while now. Love the blade shape of the large regular. Plan is to make it my weekend user. The small Sebenzas and Inkosis work better for office carry and use. Sellers pic. Hope he doesn't mind.

IMG_5387.JPG

^^^ Peter, that is some stunning grain, looks almost iridescent.

My second ever Box Elder, and first ever (1.) Regular & (2.) Annual, likely arriving in a couple weeks (should only seem like months) :)

IMG_2281_zpsmzxh31fd.jpg

Last edited:
I've not seen a box elder I liked yet, until now. Just not a fan of lighter woods in general. Would love to see the other side when it comes in peter.

I have often found the BE's to be stunning. Quite excited for my second one to arrive. :)

A while back I said I didn't want anymore Box Elder Annuals. Well......... it seems I lied. :eek:

2009AnnualLgBE-open_zpson2nwiem.jpg~original

Last edited:
That dark grain looks awesome. I would love to own any sebenza with some brown-yellowish gold-bloody mary red Box Elder. Those seem extremelly rare thouh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^ Peter, that is some stunning grain, looks almost iridescent.

My second ever Box Elder, and first ever (1.) Regular & (2.) Annual, likely arriving in a couple weeks (should only seem like months) :)

IMG_2281_zpsmzxh31fd.jpg

That is a beauty! Love the red touch in it. Also Peter's BO Mnandi looks fantastic! Great scores.

This one was part of my former Mnandi group, before I sold them and focussed at Sebenza:

Mnandi, Elder Burl, Basket Weave, 01

Mnandi, Elder Burl, Basket Weave, 02

This Sebenza BO has also nice inlays:

21, Elder Burl, Ladder, 02

21, Elder Burl, Ladder, 08

^^^Fantastic ones indeed.

The Annual I am awaiting has a look that immediately grabbed me, a kind of "bolster" appearance in the grain, along with a "rainbow touching the mountain top". Anybody else see it? Another seller's pic:

Back