The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Should be here tomorrow.

XsiKHvw.jpg

Hah, mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow too! I was surprised because when I placed the order the expected date was listed as Nov. 27th.
Yeah. I just happened to check the website and there they were - I expected them around Thanksgiving too. A very nice surprise!

Finally broke down and grabbed one before they really start to get scarce. I don’t really even cook:oops: but still figured it would be nice to have at least one halfway decent kitchen knife at my disposal (at the very least it should make for a fine sammich slicer:D)

DBB0E8B0-0DE9-4DC4-A341-B576157E04A9.jpeg

New arrivals. I'm glad I took the plunge.

The Insingo is sweet and I love the tone of the faded red micarta but..... boy.... is the PJ Damascus a stunning knife (the darker tone of titanium, damascus raindrop pattern, and the blue accents also help make it pop).

C1FFKjc.jpg

M8UJY2t.jpg

I bought a small 21 inlay back in 2016 and sold it off without carrying it much. I just didn’t care for it, for some reason. Well, I just ordered a large Inkosi PJ to ease my suffering. Not sure what’s making me want to try another CRK but I’ve been looking too much to not buy one!

Dcdavis Dcdavis talk me off the ledge! (or push me)

no996zf.png
Ha! Here’s my personal experience with a CRK tanto.

They take a little adjusting to. They’re not as good as an insingo. I do think they do some things better than a drop point. As far as work/utility they’re just fine. Stripping wire/cord/cable I have no problems. Opening packages they’re fine. All in all they’re not bad. They look good. You’ve gotten this far so we all know you’re gonna pull the trigger ;) Plus that’ll round you out on all blade shapes CRK offers, nice to have a little variety.

@kidcongo works in the same trade as us. He may be able to shed a little lite as well

Back