The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Lone_Wolfe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. sailfish

sailfish Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Just might become the new favorite. If only I had found CRK just a year sooner I could've had more time to experience all the scales and blade shapes to figure out what I really wanted before the 21 was discontinued. Better late than never I guess.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Dcdavis likes this.
  2. pvicenzi

pvicenzi Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Figured I'd get another 21 while they were still available
    [​IMG]

`It's here! Adding my own pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Lady1911, evltcat, joesurf79 and 9 others like this.
  3. sailfish

Jan 1, 2019
    C'mon, USPS. Don't fail me.

[​IMG]

russ25 and Dcdavis like this.
  4. BD_01

BD_01 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Wow! I don’t know how I missed that one on their website.
    That’s a great score. Congrats!

5. pvicenzi

pvicenzi Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Ah, the joy of being only about 110 miles from a great knife dealer. I ordered it about 1:00 pm yesterday, choose the flat rate usps shipping, and it is out for delivery! That, and I occasionally visit their brick and mortar store.

russ25 and sailfish like this.
  6. ddrew5000

ddrew5000

Feb 18, 2017
    No pic but I'm waiting on a Recon Tanto and an SRK that I bought as part of my "Oh no Cold Steel has new owners" panic buying, lol.
    They arrived in town today and are scheduled for delivery according to tracking

sailfish likes this.
  7. sailfish

Jan 1, 2019
    Quick clean and lube and this thing is like new. The aftermarket scale it came with is kinda nice but the knife locks up over 90% :eek:. When I put the factory scale back on it brought it down to a cool 45-50%. Really is a testament to how tight the fit and tolerances are on these things. Outstanding find.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Easyrider, joesurf79, Roundg and 3 others like this.
  8. krazichinaman

krazichinaman Moderator Moderator

Jul 8, 2001
    Was FINALLY able to track down a NIB Umnumzaan RH, DP from a knife retailer. I will be buying it sight unseen, but after chatting with the knife counter guy on the phone I feel confident in my purchase. Funny how those guys already know CRK people like to know the DOB card date....I should hopefully be getting it delivered this Friday!

This will be a NEW CRK knife purchase for myself...haven't had that minty fresh feeling for a while...

**Also just called the factory and ordered the back spacer kit.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Easyrider, russ25, Jsega51 and 4 others like this.
  9. farfromovin

farfromovin Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2020
    Ordered my first CRK Damascus from an online reseller. Large Sebenza 31 pj with boomerang damascus blade, got a pic of the actual blade emailed to me before I pulled the trigger because the patterns can vary quite a bit, but I liked what I saw. So stoked to EDC the crap out of it!
    image0.jpeg

bart1, Buzsaw, Dcdavis and 7 others like this.
  10. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    The plain janes with damascus always look great. I’ll have to get one in the future.

*the way far out future. I’ve been bad lately lol.

russ25, Dcdavis and farfromovin like this.
  11. sailfish

Jan 1, 2019
    You should check out the Damascus EDC Journey thread for some inspiration.

farfromovin likes this.
  12. krazichinaman

krazichinaman Moderator Moderator

Jul 8, 2001
    New Umnumzaan that's less then 24 hours old. I think I'm happy with how it turned out!
    (Red o-rings, Carbonfiber GID bead , Red/blk lanyard).

Upon installing the spacer, I cleaned it out (DOB 05/7/2020), and gave it some fresh CRK grease. Amazing how much smoother it became.

The V3 Hyde spacer really rounds it off. Glad I went with the "machined" finish as it pops with the screws !

Now to wait for more o-rings to show up play with different color schemes. PXL_20210306_222451012_resize_42.jpg

Buzsaw, evltcat, BD_01 and 3 others like this.
  13. JW225

JW225

Jan 13, 2021
    Have really enjoyed reading all of the contributions in this Forum! Figured I'd go ahead and launch my first post here -- newly arrived Mnandi...

[​IMG]

14. seoulmonkey

seoulmonkey

Feb 12, 2021
    I’ve placed an order direct for an elder burl mnandi but as you may or may not know orders are backed up 9-12 months! I’ve been scouring the internet for a dealer that possibly has stock of a non demascus mnandi, no such luck. Looks like I’ll just need to be patient with this one. Though I couldn’t resist not having anything to carry I just pulled the trigger on a pj dual lug S 31. I can’t wait for it!

15. Buzsaw

Buzsaw

Nov 15, 2020
    Ordered
    [​IMG]

16. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    I have a new small PJ 31 double lug shipping today to keep my small PJ inkosingo company but what I really want to know is when can I order up a small 31 insingo?

17. Lay

Lay

Jul 8, 2019
    I have a new user Sebenza incoming. Large 31 Black Micarta Raindrop Damascus. It will be my first 31. Fingers crossed.

Lady1911, Jsega51, Buzsaw and 4 others like this.
  18. Dickie D

Dickie D Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2007
    This came this week, my 3rd blued blade.

Blue blade Sebenza.JPG

19. joesurf79

joesurf79 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 8, 2014
    A CRK Umnumzaan Tanto user - Always wanted to try one of these ;)
    CRK UmNum Tanto.jpg

20. WhiteShampoo

WhiteShampoo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2016
    PXL_20210319_035928405~3.jpg
    PXL_20210319_035829085~3.jpg
    So the Mnandi arrived today, I like the basket weave a lot more than I expected. The Impinda came a week or two back, I didn't expect to like it (I like locking knives, or slipjoints with half stops) but I'm digging it as my wallet knife. My favorite CRK is still the raindrop micarta though.

JAB, Ajack60, Honed_Edge and 10 others like this.