The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Are CRK's quarters staggered from calendar quarters and not Jan-Mar/Apr-Jun/Jul-Sept/Oct-Dec? ...or did a batch for April not show up yet?
Don’t know for sure but I’d imagine it’s regular calendar quarters? Maybe they’re just behind schedule, who knows? Hopefully they come in S45VN, whenever it comes I’m really looking forward to it. A new batch certainly hasn’t arrived yet though I know that much

...and I also called Idaho and made an order for two s45vn blades (for the micarta I've got and the incoming chainmail). Those should be available sometime around February, so I've got plenty of time to "learn to sharpen" on these blades in the meantime.
Another knife order or do you mean the wait for having a new blade fit to an existing knife is nine months?

Another knife order or do you mean the wait for having a new blade fit to an existing knife is nine months?
Not another knife, just a blade upgrade is 9mo out. I'd imagine when it'd get back it'll include the old blade/washers (and pivot, according to the order they sent me), and that'd let me experiment with acid wash etc. sans risk to the blade I'd intend to keep in warranty.

I have a large 31 bog oak with boomarang damascus on its way in about three weeks. Ive been waiting almost two years.

It's been two years since you ordered it directly with CRK? Holy Smokes, I had no idea that was the kind of wait period going on these days!

Ordered this morning. TNK Small Sebenza 31 with single silver thumb stud and S45VN.

EKswYL6.jpg

mniobAj.jpg

My first CRK inbound . . . stumbled on an S45VN drop point Umnumzaan at a nearby authorized dealer (their image, not mine). Had been waffling for several weeks over whether to go for used S35VN Zaans in the Exchange and other places but couldn't pass this up when it was available. Looking forward to seeing whether it lives up to (realistic) expectations . . .

mniobAj.jpg

My first CRK inbound . . . stumbled on an S45VN drop point Umnumzaan at a nearby authorized dealer (their image, not mine). Had been waffling for several weeks over whether to go for used S35VN Zaans in the Exchange and other places but couldn't pass this up when it was available. Looking forward to seeing whether it lives up to (realistic) expectations . . .

The dp Zaan was my first CRK too! I love it.
If you get Umnumzaan thumb, don’t be discouraged!
It’ll pass and the reward will be worth it!

I was hoping someone from here had gotten that one. I was intrigued by it, I almost bid. It's a cool knife for sure.

As for inbounds, my UG shown above is no longer on that list. :) I'll post pics of it in the appropriate thread later, it's a beauty for sure. But I did add another inbound to the list this evening, a Bocote Mnandi.

View attachment 727449

View attachment 727448

I've also got this inbound. I know it's not a CRK, but it's worth showing anyway. A Randal 26-4...
View attachment 727450
Looks just like mine

The dp Zaan was my first CRK too! I love it.
If you get Umnumzaan thumb, don’t be discouraged!
It’ll pass and the reward will be worth it!
Thanks for the warning! Definitely a sore thumb. Took a couple of disassembly/reassembly cycles to get the action to a workable state, which was kind of surprising, honestly, and the detent is still a monster. And a big gash in my left thumb while using my left hand to open it and check whether I was accidentally putting pressure on the lockbar (uh, yep)--so, it's officially "mine" now, I guess, lol.

Anyway, here she is--there are many like it but this one is mine:

vzwqYMg.jpg

Ordered my first ever CRK on 5/27 from dealer and received it today. After opening the box and holding this fine specimen in my hand, I finally had a look at the info card.

I am playing the lottery tonight, the date on the card is my birthday!!!

Regards --------------

CRK Small Inkosi.jpg

Back