The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Been a great couple of days for me. Been waiting years to find a CRK with my birthday. Last Thursday I scored a large inkosi and last night got a small 31. The inkosi is in pocket and the 31 is inbound! Thanks to the bladedforum members who were selling and I hope you both don’t mind me using your photos .

1623091475030.jpeg1623091381378.jpeg

I finally pulled the trigger on an Umnumzaan, and ordered the Star-Tac version from Wilson Combat. At the time that I ordered, the Star-Tac was due to be back in stock at the end of June. Then, just last week, that date jumped to the end of January 2022!!! Big no can do!

So, I started looking for a regular Zaan, and my timing was incredibly lucky. This one has a DOB of May 25, and the blade is S45VN. So, all's well that ends well...

c43TxB1.jpg

Not a knife, but just realized the other day CRK makes a short sleeve carhart shirt, so since that’s all I wear I had to order one of course.

Just received the phonecall that the Impinda I ordered back in the Spring is ready to pick up. So I'll drive over there tomorrow morning and pick up a brand spankin' new one to put in the drawer next to The Climb. And, I'll get a tour of the facilities! While I've been in the "showroom" I've never had the tour... looking forward to that! :cool:

Picked up the new Impinda this morning. Quite a bit tighter than the year old user I've got in my EDC lineup. And I got to see the whole CRK mothership as well, Anne Reeve as my guide. What a great experience, and she is a wonderful lady... spent lots of time, answered all the questions (except "what new stuff is coming along" 🤣 you know the little boy in me had to at least try). What a fascinating place and the process to make all these knives we so love is way more involved than you might think. And the machinery! Wow! I was boggled, for sure, and my appreciation for the CRK products is even higher tonight, which I didn't think was possible (sorry, more fanboy sounds). For all the high tech machinery, there is still an amazing amount of hand work in each knife... you know how folks are always warned about swapping blades from one to another, it may or may not work because they are hand fit? It's true, I saw the gentleman doing just that... amazing stuff!

Anyway, if you ever get the opportunity to come to Boise and pick up a knife in person, by all means try to arrange a tour of the place, you'll be glad you did.

My thanks to Anne and Kevin for doing that, and all the nice folks working on our future purchases.

Picked up the new Impinda this morning. Quite a bit tighter than the year old user I've got in my EDC lineup. And I got to see the whole CRK mothership as well, Anne Reeve as my guide. What a great experience, and she is a wonderful lady... spent lots of time, answered all the questions (except "what new stuff is coming along" 🤣 you know the little boy in me had to at least try). What a fascinating place and the process to make all these knives we so love is way more involved than you might think. And the machinery! Wow! I was boggled, for sure, and my appreciation for the CRK products is even higher tonight, which I didn't think was possible (sorry, more fanboy sounds). For all the high tech machinery, there is still an amazing amount of hand work in each knife... you know how folks are always warned about swapping blades from one to another, it may or may not work because they are hand fit? It's true, I saw the gentleman doing just that... amazing stuff!

Anyway, if you ever get the opportunity to come to Boise and pick up a knife in person, by all means try to arrange a tour of the place, you'll be glad you did.

My thanks to Anne and Kevin for doing that, and all the nice folks working on our future purchases.
That’s awesome! What a great experience!

I have been looking for a small 21 for a while. I keep missing the ones that show up here for sale. Hard to find them in stock (not impossible, but few and far between). Well this morning I was going through some old emails and ran across one from a knife dealer that I had forgotten about. I headed on over to their website to look around. Well they had a small 21 with red linen micarta inlays and drop point blade in stock. Exactly what I was looking for. Needless to say it is headed my way. 😆

Back