The CRK Insingo Hangout!

BMCGear

Gold Member
This is a place for your Insingo pictures. The Insingo blade shape is pure utility. Please post your thoughts, questions, or pictures using your Insingo here.

Last edited:
Great knife. I prefer the small. I carry mine often. My good buddy 1Abominable1 will attest to functionality of the large.
photo_zps2ca35f8e.jpg

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, large plain 21 insingo. I used it yesterday while fishing to gut a fish and of course it performed wonderfully. Casually on the hunt for a small 21 micarta insingo now. For the large I have the CRK leather pocket sheath so it sits wonderfully in my pocket. And since you had asked about a lanyard in another thread, I bought another lanyard for it and use it to pull out out the pocket sheath.

Last edited:
I got mine a couple of weeks ago, large plain 21 insingo. I used it yesterday while fishing to gut a fish and of course it performed wonderfully. Casually on the hunt for a small 21 micarta insingo now. For the large I have the CRK leather pocket sheath so it sits wonderfully in my pocket. And since you had asked about a lanyard in another thread, I bought another lanyard for it and use it to pull out out the pocket sheath.

I really enjoy using a large knife but I have never enjoyed carrying one. The large Sebenza is a great carry though. I even carried it at work the other day (office) in khakis and it was very manageable. I'm really loving this knife.

Double Tap!

It really is a functional blade. While aesthetically I prefer the standard 21 blade shape, the Insingo blade shape excells so much more in MY daily cutting tasks. You can't go wrong with the large or small insingo

My Lg Micarta Insingo has been with me for about 3 years now and I have noticed that the S35 steel combined with the hollow grind and blade profile make it a great slicer and stays sharp with little effort.
I don't feel the need to own anything but a small and lg Insingo

It really is a functional blade. While aesthetically I prefer the standard 21 blade shape, the Insingo blade shape excells so much more in MY daily cutting tasks. You can't go wrong with the large or small insingo

I find the Insingo to be a good looking blade in both aesthetics and function. BUT I do agree with you; the clip point is sleek and sexy!

My Lg Micarta Insingo has been with me for about 3 years now and I have noticed that the S35 steel combined with the hollow grind and blade profile make it a great slicer and stays sharp with little effort.
I don't feel the need to own anything but a small and lg Insingo

That sounds like a great pair!

The Insingo was not only my first CRK, it's my first locking folding knife after a few Swiss Army knives. At first I thought the small Insingo was "huge" compared to the SAK I was using and I had doubts about carrying it; after a while I gotten used to it and it excels as an utility knife. I don't have a lot of pictures to share with the knife "in use", same reason I don't take a picture every time I tighten a screw with my screwdrivers.

Just one of its uses....... :)

IMG_3668_zps2efe6edd.jpg

Is the back edge of the insingo sharp or slightly sharp? Hopefully mine will arrive this week sometime.

Is the back edge of the insingo sharp or slightly sharp? Hopefully mine will arrive this week sometime.

It's beveled but not sharp enough to cut you. At least my four examples aren't. I've read that some are sharper than others, though.

The Insingo is a wonderful blade shape. A big advantage for me is how easy it is to sharpen on the sharpmaker. The tip on the clip point Sebbies can be a PITA on the sharpmaker.

I am a huge fan of the Small 21 Insingo. In fact, it is my very favorite knife of all time. I have had a ton of other Sebs in all the various wonderful flavors, shapes, sizes, and ages and I always come back to the small Insingo. It is just so darn useful, tough, beautiful, and elegantly manly.

Here are a few various shots of mine:

Back