The CRK Insingo Hangout!

I bought a few CRKs a few weeks ago intending for them to be my last. Well, where there is a will there is a way. I wanted a small Insingo and I wanted to try the plain TI scales. I picked up a few odd jobs around the neighborhood to pick this one up. It actually received it's first trail from my wedding ring while taking the lanyard off. My first Insingo and first plain TI Sebenza.

I bought a few CRKs a few weeks ago intending for them to be my last. Well, where there is a will there is a way. I wanted a small Insingo and I wanted to try the plain TI scales. I picked up a few odd jobs around the neighborhood to pick this one up. It actually received it's first trail from my wedding ring while taking the lanyard off. My first Insingo and first plain TI Sebenza.

Love the knife!

Thank you. I appreciate that. I really look forward to putting it to work and building some character. The small 21 just fits perfectly in my hand and with this blade shape, I see it being a favorite quickly.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I really look forward to putting it to work and building some character. The small 21 just fits perfectly in my hand and with this blade shape, I see it being a favorite quickly.

The small is really the perfect size knife for just about any task where a knife is needed. I opted for the large this time around, but really see myself getting another small very soon.

Very nice Brett - I knew it wouldn't be long before you got another CRK ;) Congrats!

I just picked up another large 21 - this time with plain Ti scales. I just need to take the lanyard off.

4A6940B8-6F15-4081-9094-CBFDC18888D0_zpsdx9rbxol.jpg

Very nice Brett - I knew it wouldn't be long before you got another CRK ;) Congrats!

I just picked up another large 21 - this time with plain Ti scales. I just need to take the lanyard off.

Im trying to decide if I want to remove the lanyard or not. Seems like it's just always in the way.

Thanks Luc. I appreciate that good sir. There are2 more on my checklist. ;):D

I do not have my new Insingo (born August 2015) with me today to make a picture, but I noticed a small touch that is different than my other two Sebenzas of 2012 and 2013 manufacturer dates. Underneath where the pocket clip sits, there are two small mills in the titanium side by side perpendicular to the lockbar. I was wondering if all new Sebenzas have this and what the purpose is for? Maybe added grip against the pocket?

I do not have my new Insingo (born August 2015) with me today to make a picture, but I noticed a small touch that is different than my other two Sebenzas of 2012 and 2013 manufacturer dates. Underneath where the pocket clip sits, there are two small mills in the titanium side by side perpendicular to the lockbar. I was wondering if all new Sebenzas have this and what the purpose is for? Maybe added grip against the pocket?

Who knows, my 2012 small 21 has this too. My 2015 insingo is at home and haven't checked for this.

Who knows, my 2012 small 21 has this too. My 2015 insingo is at home and haven't checked for this.
Hmm I was pretty sure I put my 2012 small 21 next to my new Insingo the other day and they were different...

Maybe I need to double check and will post pics later..

Hmm I was pretty sure I put my 2012 small 21 next to my new Insingo the other day and they were different...

Maybe I need to double check and will post pics later..

Are your older ones inlayed? Wonder if they put them on the inlayed versions so they have a breakpoint for the polished slabs vs the blasted lockbar. Not knowing whether the scales will be for wood or micarta.

My 2012 is a wood inlayed model.

EDIT: Looked at a bunch of photos and only see those grooves on inlayed models. I think it acts as a divider.

Last edited:
Are your older ones inlayed? Wonder if they put them on the inlayed versions so they have a breakpoint for the polished slabs vs the blasted lockbar. Not knowing whether the scales will be for wood or micarta.

My 2012 is a wood inlayed model.

EDIT: Looked at a bunch of photos and only see those grooves on inlayed models. I think it acts as a divider.
Both my older ones are plain jane. That might just explain it!

Sitting here at work today and pulled out my new small micarta Insingo to admire for a minute, and I don't gush about too many knives, but man this is a beautiful knife. They really hit this newer stonewash out of the park. It's not Strider level aggressive, but it fits the knife perfectly. The lines and flow of the knife from the scales to the tip of the blade are amazing.

I'm not the hugest fan of the look of the clip point blades--I wish they were a little more bullnosey and less pointy, but it's all I've wanted previously in my Sebenzas. Going forward, it's gonna be tough to buy a Sebenza that's NOT an Insingo. For some reason, I'm already jonesing for a small CF Insingo...

I'm hoping that CRK will eventually release an Insingo 25. I'll be the first in line if that ever happens.

Back