The CRK Insingo Hangout!

I bounce back and forth between the large and small,
but if I could only have one it'd probably be the large

I don't have a large Insingo though, need to fix that

I started with the small since I had never held one personally and didn't want to get the large only to find it was too large for my taste. Plus I have to be in dress slacks a few times a week and I prefer a smaller blade for that. But then after using the small I knew that for jeans and outdoorsy stuff I could handle a large. I hope it comes tomorrow. Gotta check tracking again!

I bounce back and forth between the large and small,
but if I could only have one it'd probably be the large

I don't have a large Insingo though, need to fix that
Great blade design. Really love the Insingo design. Go ahead and get one if budget is not an issue. You will love it.

I started with the small since I had never held one personally and didn't want to get the large only to find it was too large for my taste. Plus I have to be in dress slacks a few times a week and I prefer a smaller blade for that. But then after using the small I knew that for jeans and outdoorsy stuff I could handle a large. I hope it comes tomorrow. Gotta check tracking again!
Great! Every minute of waiting is like a millennium. Haha! Hope you get yours soon.

I'm trying to decide between the large plain ti and micarta.
love both the look of worn ti and the feel of the micarta,
I know, get both. But thats too much to put out right now

Too bad the lock ups and blades weren't all universal and interchangeable, I'd order a large Insingo blade and drop it into either of my large regular 21's

^^ I've had both, I started with a LG plain insingo w single blue stud. I loved it and it got lots of carry time. I ended up selling it to fund another purchase, and regretted it immediately. Month or two after selling it I replaced it with a LG micarta insingo single silver lug. I must say upon receipt of the micarta I missed my Lg plain. The plain seemed to make a nicer thwack when opening, and I enjoy plain ti. I for sure love my micarta now but I guess what I'm saying is you can't go wrong with either. If I lost it I think I'd replace it with the LG plain double lug (silver).

Can't really have a good comparison without pics

Wv15F83.jpg

Well I pulled the trigger on this one

l1RTgdC.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly? You don't need one bro. I love the small but always wished that I had gone with the large for the extra power and cutting length, and since I am on jeans or cargo pants mainly there's no reason why I shouldn't.

I'm dead serious. I love the small size. I can successfully carry the large at work without issues. Sometimes my co-workers think I'm pulling out a chainsaw when I remove it from my pocket, but for the most part no one bats an eye.

In fact my boss borrows it so much that I should start takin collections to buy him one!

Back to the small.....I just really love the size. It will perform the exact same job as the large but in a more compact size. I don't necessarily prefer one over the other, but would like to own both.

I guess my issue right now is that I really have no other small option at the moment other than my Vic Farmer. I used to have a few small Griptilians around and maybe I'll pick up another grip to hold me over.

Plus.......I would have a complete set!! Ha

You will love the large. Especially for outdoorsy stuff. I use mine all day everyday for everything. I want to own both for different reasons.

Did you go with the large Insingo? Can't remember

Yep large plain Ti Insingo. I'm planning to go on a hike in the snow tomorrow if its not too cold (it's 4F with -15 windchill right now) and I really hope it shows up in the morning so I can take it along. I can stick it in some logs for pics. Haha.

Yep large plain Ti Insingo. I'm planning to go on a hike in the snow tomorrow if its not too cold (it's 4F with -15 windchill right now) and I really hope it shows up in the morning so I can take it along. I can stick it in some logs for pics. Haha.

You are going to Love it!! Can't wait for the pics! I need some more poser shots of mine

I'm dead serious. I love the small size. I can successfully carry the large at work without issues. Sometimes my co-workers think I'm pulling out a chainsaw when I remove it from my pocket, but for the most part no one bats an eye.

In fact my boss borrows it so much that I should start takin collections to buy him one!

Back to the small.....I just really love the size. It will perform the exact same job as the large but in a more compact size. I don't necessarily prefer one over the other, but would like to own both.

I guess my issue right now is that I really have no other small option at the moment other than my Vic Farmer. I used to have a few small Griptilians around and maybe I'll pick up another grip to hold me over.

Haha! There is no need for justification when it comes to a hobby or passion. We want both and we don't need both and you said it, a COMPLETE set! Lol! Don't we all feel the same?

If the small is what you really wanted, I say go for it. It really is an awesome little knife. Mine is always in my pocket as a backup knife to my other larger folders like the Spyderco PM2 and Hinderer XM-18 3.5". Mainly it gets to open letters. Although it hardly get used, I frequently pull it out to play with the flipping action and admire the build quality. Just glad I bought one.

Andy, forgive me if this is beyond the scope of this thread, but how is it carrying large locking folders like that in your country? I know they tend to have fairly strict laws and enforce things thoroughly in general; does anyone give you grief for carrying those knives?

I think you just justified a new purchase, my friend. ;)

Andy, forgive me if this is beyond the scope of this thread, but how is it carrying large locking folders like that in your country? I know they tend to have fairly strict laws and enforce things thoroughly in general; does anyone give you grief for carrying those knives?

Technically and lawfully speaking, there isn't any law restricting the ownership of knives here. The law here prohibits flick knife (balisong, automatic and the likes), blade length above 12", knuckle dusters, and double edged knife (daggers). Foldable knives and fixed blades lesser than 12" blade length is ok. Although there is no law that says we can't carry a knife, there is a law that stipulates that any police personnel can arrest a person on suspicions of unlawful activities when seen holding a knife. In a nutshell, keep a low profile and be able to justify why you are carrying a knife. Btw, self-defense is not a justifiable excuse because the law says that we can only defend ourselves within reasonable means and using a knife in self-defense is open to tons of interpretation in the court of law.

That's not bad, pretty similar where I live actually. Don't wave your blade around in a public place like a maniac and generally no one cares. My area has lots of farmers, hunters/fisherman, and tradesman so it is not uncommon at all to see men with knives clipped to their pockets. That's nice to get to use your tools!

That's not bad, pretty similar where I live actually. Don't wave your blade around in a public place like a maniac and generally no one cares. My area has lots of farmers, hunters/fisherman, and tradesman so it is not uncommon at all to see men with knives clipped to their pockets. That's nice to get to use your tools!

I am sure you recall f22shift from CPF? Well, he's here in Singapore for a couple of years and he was amazed that contrary to beliefs by many around the world, Singapore is quite lax in enforcing the laws. I guess most of us here are doing quite well and no one is in the right sense of mind to get into the opposite end of the law. Anyway, a couple of friends and I have been tempting him into the knife hobby and he bought some serious stuff, including a Box Elder Burl inlayed large 21 Sebenza. I guess he will be having issues bringing these back to New York. Lol!

I am sure you recall f22shift from CPF? Well, he's here in Singapore for a couple of years and he was amazed that contrary to beliefs by many around the world, Singapore is quite lax in enforcing the laws. I guess most of us here are doing quite well and no one is in the right sense of mind to get into the opposite end of the law. Anyway, a couple of friends and I have been tempting him into the knife hobby and he bought some serious stuff, including a Box Elder Burl inlayed large 21 Sebenza. I guess he will be having issues bringing these back to New York. Lol!

That is very interesting! Growing up I was told things like kids get caned in Singapore for littering or fingers get cut off for stealing. I assumed it was somewhat hyperbole but that there was a measure of truth, in that laws were strictly enforced. Frankly, I thought those were reasonable punishments and wished they did things like that here; it would sure cut down on crime! hahaha. Ironically, yes, he will likely have more trouble carrying that in NYC when he comes home!

On that note, my large Insingo came today! I will say this: I am happy I got the small first...but VERY happy I added the large! For carry in dressy pants, or around more urban sheeple, the small will be perfect, but for jeans and everything else I think the large will be my go-to! To those who said it was the perfect outdoorsy size, you are spot on. I love the feel of it, and it opens much more smoothly than the small actually. It's about the same size as the 0551 I have been carrying, so it doesn't feel too big to me. It's not as chunky and heavy as the ZT, but has about the same amount of blade and handles very nicely.

IMG_1342_zpsn9k3knhf.jpg

In the interest of getting you guys a nice outdoorsy picture, I went for a hike with the L Insingo after it arrived today. I went to a nearby state park, hiked about 2 miles to get to the top of Powder Hill, the second highest point in the Kettle Morraine state forest area at 1350 ft, and then climbed to the top of a 60 foot observation tower they built on the hill. Once there, I stuck that beast in the railing and got a pic of it with frozen Pike Lake behind it. It was 10 degrees F and windy up there so I didn't stick around for any more photos... plus I was slightly paranoid about it falling out and dropping 60 feet to earth. But I think the photo is kinda cool anyways!

IMG_1268_zpsieimxdio.jpg

Thanks for taking the effort to take the photos for us. I am glad I finally get to see the latest batch of a large Insingo beside a small one. I realized the older large Insingo doesn't have as pointy a tip as my small Insingo which I have and was wondering if the current batches will be changed. I mean pointy as in the curve downwards at the tip. The older large Insingo seems to curve downwards a little more drastically.

Very nice man. The large definitely opens way smoother than the small. I have XL/xxl hands and it was always easier for me to open the large.

Nice pic. Looks chilly.

Back