The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Has anyone thought about sharpening the swedge? It feels a bit sharp all ready.

My Insingo swedge is already *almost* too sharp to be considered a swedge and not a secondary edge. Sharpening it further, IMO, would be pointless as it already serves it's purpose well.

I sharpened the swedge on my Umnumzaan years ago before I gave it away. It's not hard to do with some soft backed wet/dry and a stropping action. I'm not sure most would want to try and flat grind it.

How do you post pics through tap Talk?
You first have to upload the photo to a photo hosting site like photobucket or imgur. Once uploaded, you copy the image link and paste it using the IMG button on the expanded respond screen (open that by hitting the plus button on the bottom left)

m8tKgOc

Edit: For some reason the picture I just tried isn't showing up for me now lol

After owning it for a while now, I'm loving my lrg Insingo. I bought the lefty version but other than the novelty of finally having a lefty specific knife, it doesn't really make a difference to me having it left handed. The knife is great, finish is excellent, blade shape is spectacular. The only issue for me is that my winter jacket has a draw string that always seems to catch the clip, (only on this knife as it sticks out a bit more than any other I own) and pulls it completely out of my pocket! Luckily the only time it fell off the drawstring too I noticed right away. So I can only carry the knife when it's not -30c and I can wear a different jacket. lol! The clip works great when I don't need the heavy jacket as it's super easy to slide in jeans pockets and has good retention when my stupid jacket isn't trying to steal my knife.

I had a few sent to me for work and the guys cut and burn a small piece of lanyard cord in the hole. Both ends burnt and that keeps it in place.

Since this is the small sebenza the lanyard pin will stay in, but it does rattle sometimes. on the large it will slide all the way out, hence the paracord trick.

So that explains it all!
I only have a large, never had a small. Can't believe I didn't think of melted paracord.

Posted these in the what did you use your sebenza thread throughout the years. Might as well here:

P7190006.jpg

Cardboardcutting13.jpg

P6220011.jpg

DSCN1073R.jpg

P2160084.jpg

P5020054.jpg

P2160079.jpg

P7280004Medium.jpg

DSCN1281.jpg

P10-07-10_16-18.jpg

I'm getting another small sebenza. I have 1 insingo and absolutely love the blade shape. I currently have a Mnandi and another fancy small sebenza that doesn't get any pocket time. My question is this... Should I just stick with another insingo? Or do you guys think in the future I'll miss out not having a drop point in my collection? I just really love the insingo but I know the DP serves a purpose as well! What to do?

I'm getting another small sebenza. I have 1 insingo and absolutely love the blade shape. I currently have a Mnandi and another fancy small sebenza that doesn't get any pocket time. My question is this... Should I just stick with another insingo? Or do you guys think in the future I'll miss out not having a drop point in my collection? I just really love the insingo but I know the DP serves a purpose as well! What to do?

I say have one of each! I currently only have a small insingo, but am waiting for a small starbenza to come up on the exchange. Of course if I had to go with one it would be an insingo, based on the reason that my primary use is EDC.

I've, on the other hand, never had a drop point... So I'm a bit bias 😜

I say have one of each! I currently only have a small insingo, but am waiting for a small starbenza to come up on the exchange. Of course if I had to go with one it would be an insingo, based on the reason that my primary use is EDC.

I've, on the other hand, never had a drop point... So I'm a bit bias 😜
Yeah I'm biased too. I like the drop point on my Damascus mammoth sebenza but for edc I feel that the insingo is more geared towards my uses. It's so functional and comfortable in use.

I recently bought my first CRK ... a small Insingo ... as my new EDC. It fits my needs and style perfectly. That begin said I like a little variety so I just bought a 25 Silver Edition with the drop point. Gotta spread the love.

Back