1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by BMCGear, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Zeta33

Zeta33

Jul 13, 2014
    My Insingo swedge is already *almost* too sharp to be considered a swedge and not a secondary edge. Sharpening it further, IMO, would be pointless as it already serves it's purpose well.

2. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    I sharpened the swedge on my Umnumzaan years ago before I gave it away. It's not hard to do with some soft backed wet/dry and a stropping action. I'm not sure most would want to try and flat grind it.

3. fq55

fq55

Feb 27, 1999
    [​IMG]

4. BladeBuddy

BladeBuddy

Mar 11, 2014
    How do you post pics through tap Talk?

5. BoyNamedStacy

BoyNamedStacy

Dec 27, 2014
    You first have to upload the photo to a photo hosting site like photobucket or imgur. Once uploaded, you copy the image link and paste it using the IMG button on the expanded respond screen (open that by hitting the plus button on the bottom left)

[​IMG]

Edit: For some reason the picture I just tried isn't showing up for me now lol

6. BoyNamedStacy

BoyNamedStacy

Dec 27, 2014
    Deleted

7. Zeta33

Zeta33

Jul 13, 2014
    [​IMG]

8. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    After owning it for a while now, I'm loving my lrg Insingo. I bought the lefty version but other than the novelty of finally having a lefty specific knife, it doesn't really make a difference to me having it left handed. The knife is great, finish is excellent, blade shape is spectacular. The only issue for me is that my winter jacket has a draw string that always seems to catch the clip, (only on this knife as it sticks out a bit more than any other I own) and pulls it completely out of my pocket! Luckily the only time it fell off the drawstring too I noticed right away. So I can only carry the knife when it's not -30c and I can wear a different jacket. lol! The clip works great when I don't need the heavy jacket as it's super easy to slide in jeans pockets and has good retention when my stupid jacket isn't trying to steal my knife.

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I joined the club today.

[​IMG]

10. BladeBuddy

BladeBuddy

Mar 11, 2014
    Welcome! I totally dig the small insingo. Although I opted for the knife art carbon fiber version 😃

11. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    How is the lanyard pin staying in without a lanyard attached:confused:
    I've seen this a few times and can't figure it out!

12. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I had a few sent to me for work and the guys cut and burn a small piece of lanyard cord in the hole. Both ends burnt and that keeps it in place.

13. BladeBuddy

BladeBuddy

Mar 11, 2014
    Since this is the small sebenza the lanyard pin will stay in, but it does rattle sometimes. on the large it will slide all the way out, hence the paracord trick.

14. BladeBuddy

BladeBuddy

Mar 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

Yay! Finally getting this picture up! Hope you guys enjoy :)

Jazz123 likes this.
  15. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    So that explains it all!
    I only have a large, never had a small. Can't believe I didn't think of melted paracord.

16. marthinus

marthinus

Dec 10, 2006
    Posted these in the what did you use your sebenza thread throughout the years. Might as well here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BoyNamedStacy

BoyNamedStacy

Dec 27, 2014
    I'm getting another small sebenza. I have 1 insingo and absolutely love the blade shape. I currently have a Mnandi and another fancy small sebenza that doesn't get any pocket time. My question is this... Should I just stick with another insingo? Or do you guys think in the future I'll miss out not having a drop point in my collection? I just really love the insingo but I know the DP serves a purpose as well! What to do?

18. BladeBuddy

BladeBuddy

Mar 11, 2014
    I say have one of each! I currently only have a small insingo, but am waiting for a small starbenza to come up on the exchange. Of course if I had to go with one it would be an insingo, based on the reason that my primary use is EDC.

I've, on the other hand, never had a drop point... So I'm a bit bias 😜

19. BoyNamedStacy

BoyNamedStacy

Dec 27, 2014
    Yeah I'm biased too. I like the drop point on my Damascus mammoth sebenza but for edc I feel that the insingo is more geared towards my uses. It's so functional and comfortable in use.

20. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I recently bought my first CRK ... a small Insingo ... as my new EDC. It fits my needs and style perfectly. That begin said I like a little variety so I just bought a 25 Silver Edition with the drop point. Gotta spread the love.