The CRK Insingo Hangout!

For those who have both, what do you think of the carbon fiber scale as opposed to the titanium handles?

Have you guys noticed the small insingo being a little thicker behind the edge than the standard clip point small 21? Mine isn't super thick but just seems thicker than other small.

I gave my small CF away although it is very pretty...

I think I just prefer the feel of titanium :)

Very nice Dan - I didn't know you have the matching Large and Small. Sweet! :thumbup:

Thanks Luc
Just picked up that small a couple of weeks ago. Man was I missing out. One of the BEST folding knives IMHO.

Thanks Luc
Just picked up that small a couple of weeks ago. Man was I missing out. One of the BEST folding knives IMHO.

I agree - I also love mine. Love the small Insingos so much that I have 3 of them :D but out of the bunch, my Micarta inlay is my fav.

qXu62l3h.jpg

I love my Insingo, and i believe it to be the best Insingo out there lol . . . well to me at least, let me tell you why i love it so much.

Back in 2010, i was getting interested in mid tech knives or the more expensive range over $300.

I read up the sebenza and i decided to try one out. 2010 happened to be the year the Insingo was debuted and i remember deciding on a small insingo. I got it and was really surprised by the small size, i was a little disappointed to pay so much for something so small, i could recognize it was really well made and smooth and precise though, but for my first sebenza i thought i'd be more satisfied with the large. I decided to exchange my small sebenza for a large insingo sebenza from KnifeArt the place to which it was exclusive to.

So when i got my large sebenza insingo i was very happy with it and it was a fond memory owning that knife. Eventually i traded the knife, just because i was doing a lot of trading at the time and trying out different knives.

Anyways i have had many sebenza's but i think my large 2010 sebenza is my one favorite sebenza.

Well later it was hard to find one from 2010 and i thought i'd never see one again.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago i was so happy to find one and at a great deal here on the exchange.

I carry it the most right now of all my knives and it's probably going to stay that way.

I like the 2010 Insingo because it does not have the Idaho made marking, i just like the sterile look is all. The bead blasted frame is like i different shade than today's, and i know that's subject to change as you use them, but from factory they seem a little lighter grey now vs darker shade of the past, maybe it's just my eyes.

Another big thing to me is the stonewash finish on the old ones was more pronounced as a stonewash finish whereas the stonewash finish of today is lighter and finer in appearance and shade, it looks almost more like a bead blast type from kershaw knives, like that light greyish color.

The old stonewash contrasts nicer with the titatnium frame because it also appears more shiny compared to the matte grey look of the current stonewash.

It came with double lugs which i did not have on my original but i like them, they are fitting for the Insingo blade with it's symmetrical swedges, it creates a balanced look on the blade.

I will say though that the old single thumb lugs looked best, they looked beautiful being flat. The current one is less simple and is perceivable as some sort of bird eye lookin' thing.

These are just my own personal preferences

The shiny screws present on my insingo also look really nice on the plain sebenza, they make it so that the knife does not look to dull and flat, they serve as nice contrast along with the blade and of course the finishing touch with the blue ano hardware.

I think it's also kinda cool since only 2010 Insingo's have S30V i think.

It's so smooth and perfectly tuned, an excellent example of a sebenza and an Insingo.

Another reason why the Insingo is my favorite sebenza is because they are easier to open than the drop point sebenza. The blade sits a little more risen on the handles and as such the thumb lugs are out a little more and easier to grab onto. It's actually interesting how it makes it a very different knife, one that is easier to utilize therefor better designed in my opinion, like the motion it takes to open the knife is closer to that of the Umnumzaan you can push up on the thumblug and dont need to go out and around like with the drop point, to me it's just a more fluid motion.

The blade shape of the Insingo is just as it's namesake a razor, and fantastic at slicing and piercing even, and doing easy draw cuts with little adjustment in the wrist needed.
For my tasks it's just a very useful and beautiful blade shape highlighted by the precisely ground swedges.

Yep this is one my prides of my knife collection

lzPeWSa.jpg
[/IMG]
ljmbOx3.jpg
[/IMG]

^^^^^ Very nice little story you have there. I recently acquired an insingo and am excited to see what they are all about.

Time to drop a little of the sentimental in this thread.

I'd hoped to get a small micarta insingo as a Christmas gift this year, ending my knife buying for awhile, plus I wanted one CRK from the wife to kinda be "the" knife and a really long term EDC. Well we unexpectedly bought a house recently putting all my nonessential spending on hold. I also put out the hint that we should put the insingo off for another year or so because I just don't need it right now. Well my birthday came and went yesterday and I didn't really want anything. I knew she'd gotten me something, but when I saw the box, I got curious. It was a cardboard box about the size of the boxes KA uses to ship CRKs. I opened it and see the glossy white cardboard. I'm shocked at this point. Sure enough, it's a small micarta insingo. Clearly the sharpest CRK out of the box I've ever seen, and I've been very critical in the past of that. Perfectly centered, free dropping blade, just perfect all the way around. Beautiful knife and the insingo blade has to be seen in person to appreciate it's elegance. Feels a lot thinner behind the edge too. Also seems like I lucked up with a slightly more aggressive stonewash than other CRKs that I've had.

Thought it was cool since it was kind of a milestone birthday plus having just bought the house, and I'll be able to look at this one a couple decades from now and remember a significant time when I got it. Now the only question is if I'll want to sell the plain Jane small clip point as it won't get much carry anymore. Thanks CRK for helping to make memories. [emoji106]

Also big shout out to KnifeArt. She said Mr. Connolly (sp?) called her right after placing the order and confirmed it was the right knife and going to the right place. Also mentioned how nice he was. He also emailed to make sure she received it. I've bought an Umnumzaan from them before, but they have a customer for life out of me now. She (and I) appreciated they went the extra mile for her.

Ok enough of all the words...time for PICS!

^^^ What another great story. That's a great little blade you have there.

Thank you for sharing your excellent story. And the Insingo is my favorite CRK blade design as well.

Congratulations on your unexpected milestone CRK. It's well-deserved, I'm sure. :thumbup:

Back