The Delica Effect

I can vouche for the delica effect, the delica was my second Spyderco and after a while of collecting to find my favorite I ended up letting go of a PM2, Native 5 g10, Sage 2, Junior, dragonfly, a few Benchmades, and a few Kershaws by comparing their role/ usefulness to the delica. The only ones that passed the test were the Endura and Chaparral, not to say they are better than the delica , but are different enough and still as useful.

^^ nice scales on the Delica! ^^

(Last post of page 4)

Last edited:
I just put some Boomer52 lefty scales on my hap40 so it can pocket on my support side

View attachment 619116
Ohhhhhh, I like those scales!

I just got one w/ Boomer52 scales.. Gave them a little personal touch today..
088d79962f13c8522b8a541343760704.jpg

c501ec11a024c34b37b9e750e6643fa6.jpg

Haven't decide if I'm going Hap(like my G10) or SB.. Maybe a fresh ZDP and give the left overs to my son.(soon to be 11) :)

Love Foliage/OD!
c96bfb20784421dd3ecac85282e9445d.jpg

And a stock Hap..
5b3c935676de7794d411430d8c1e797b.jpg

I was just thinking the other day that I should've just bought two HAP40 Delicas instead of 1. I force myself to rotate through my knives frequently but definitely notice that the easy choice is the Delica every morning. The HAP40 Stretch also sees some pocket time. Para2, Manix, and Domino have all suffered major hits to pocket time as a result, to the point where I'm considering the Manix and possibly even the Para2.

When I started carring knives the delica was my choice . know I have way to many knives and in order to enjoy them I had to put most of my delica away other wise I would keep going for it every morning and not rotating EDC knives . That said I did the same with the Native and the Caly 3.5 is on it's way to the box . Lock back are not my favorite lock but spyderco does A great job with them .

^ I like those scales including the color. Putnam?

After having lock backs for years I thought I was done with them and wanted to try something new. I do have and appreciate other lock styles but I now own several Spydies with back locks. Once I learned how to close them with one hand I have a new appreciation for them.

Really bummed I missed put on the HAP 40 delica/endura. Was carrying my plain ol' blue FRN delica yesterday, and it really cant be beat as a super-solid EDC when you need to get some ish done!

Does anyone make custom G-10 scales for the delica? I'd like to reclaim my Super Blue Caly3 that my wife loves to carry. :)

I guess that adds me to the list for those interested in a second sprint of HAP 40 and G-10, Sal :D

^ I like those scales including the color. Putnam?

After having lock backs for years I thought I was done with them and wanted to try something new. I do have and appreciate other lock styles but I now own several Spydies with back locks. Once I learned how to close them with one hand I have a new appreciation for them.
Please do tell. How are you closing with one hand? I can do it, but it is by no means elegant.

Really bummed I missed put on the HAP 40 delica/endura. Was carrying my plain ol' blue FRN delica yesterday, and it really cant be beat as a super-solid EDC when you need to get some ish done!

Does anyone make custom G-10 scales for the delica? I'd like to reclaim my Super Blue Caly3 that my wife loves to carry. :)

I guess that adds me to the list for those interested in a second sprint of HAP 40 and G-10, Sal :D

The HAP40 Delica and Endura are still available from a few online retailers who are asking a premium of about 50% over initial going prices...

And yes, there are a few makers who do custom scales in G10 for the Delica. Boomer52, and Wilkins Grip come to mind... as well as Putnam and suingab.

The HAP40 Delica and Endura are still available from a few online retailers who are asking a premium of about 50% over initial going prices...

And yes, there are a few makers who do custom scales in G10 for the Delica. Boomer52, and Wilkins Grip come to mind... as well as Putnam and suingab.
Gonna PM you now. Thank you! If anyone happens to know of anywhere selling them at a reasonable price, please send me a message!

Gonna PM you now. Thank you! If anyone happens to know of anywhere selling them at a reasonable price, please send me a message!

Well, as non-paying members, neither of us have Private Message ability. And you have your email blocked.

But, one of the sites is Bento Box shop.

Back