The Delica Effect

how do you get a hold of boomer52?

Find him on here under that username, then click the contact by email link by clicking on his username.
I have his email, but I'm not sure how I feel about giving out personal emails... even if he is using it for business...?

Gonna PM you now. Thank you! If anyone happens to know of anywhere selling them at a reasonable price, please send me a message!

BBS has them for like $150 :( Hard to justify paying the same price as an s110v paramilitary 2, or almost 3 vg10 delicas from amazon, but to each their own ;)

BBS has them for like $150 :( Hard to justify paying the same price as an s110v paramilitary 2, or almost 3 vg10 delicas from amazon, but to each their own ;)

It is, but in the end I wanted a HAP40 Delica (NIB) more than I wanted the fifty or so dollars I had to overpay.

It is, but in the end I wanted a HAP40 Delica (NIB) more than I wanted the fifty or so dollars I had to overpay.

That's understandable and I don't blame you. I don't know if it's necessarily overpaying, it will probably hold its value around that price point I'd think.

My pain, you feel it! [emoji22]

Yep... but for what it's worth, in my opinion, besides rarity I don't think the hap40 justifies such a huge price increase over VG10. I have a hap40 dragonfly and it's nice but the steel isn't that amazing compared to some higher end stuff like s110v or M4. And if you like to sharpen your knives all the time VG10 should be just fine IMO. If there was an s110v or M4 delica I'd pay $150 for it lol...

Yep... but for what it's worth, in my opinion, besides rarity I don't think the hap40 justifies such a huge price increase over VG10. I have a hap40 dragonfly and it's nice but the steel isn't that amazing compared to some higher end stuff like s110v or M4. And if you like to sharpen your knives all the time VG10 should be just fine IMO. If there was an s110v or M4 delica I'd pay $150 for it lol...

Calling S110V and M4 "higher end" is purely opinion based.
Many may disagree with you, and I for one am not the biggest fan of S110V. ;)

Yeah, I could hardly justify the extra 30 or so dollars the HAP 40 originally cost, let alone the extra $50 on top of that. I dont have an endura, so I was thinking this would be a neat way to get one, but I can wait. A blue or purple g10 delica would be more tempting for me for the money :D

20140309_132256_zps90ebe4ef.jpg

I am just at the beginning of my Delica collecting....first and only one so far. Clipit in Aus-8.

DSC05631.jpg

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05690.jpg

Although I don't carry a Delica very often, it's the knife I recommend to people who want a simple no nonsense one hand opening folder. It's also the knife I put in my checked bag (along with a beloved Dragonfly) on those rare times that I fly--it's not glamorous but it is a dependable and relatively inexpensive knife that just damn works. At some point after years of carrying knives and owning lots of different knives, you realize all you really ever need is a dependable cutting tool.

Although I don't carry a Delica very often, it's the knife I recommend to people who want a simple no nonsense one hand opening folder. It's also the knife I put in my checked bag (along with a beloved Dragonfly) on those rare times that I fly--it's not glamorous but it is a dependable and relatively inexpensive knife that just damn works. At some point after years of carrying knives and owning lots of different knives, you realize all you really ever need is a dependable cutting tool.

:thumbup: So true!!

For some reason (possibly this thread) I had dream last night that involved my orange Delica. So that's what went in my pocket today (how could I possibly ignore that dream?). It worked very well for several cutting tasks including opening several bags of mulch and pruning some light vegetation while working out in the yard.

My son arrives in town Saturday and he'll be receiving his first knife....a Spyderco Delica.

Curious how the delica compares to a dragonfly? I own a dragonfly in g-10 and I absolutely love it. My only gripe would be it is a tad too small for tasks at work. So I was thinking A delica would be the perfect upgrade? Or is there another model that better compares to the dragonfly?

Curious how the delica compares to a dragonfly? I own a dragonfly in g-10 and I absolutely love it. My only gripe would be it is a tad too small for tasks at work. So I was thinking A delica would be the perfect upgrade? Or is there another model that better compares to the dragonfly?

Absolutely, but good luck finding a G10. I EDC a ti/damascus Delica quite often and it may just be my favorite Spyderco (at this moment ;) ).

You'll really like the Delica if you like the Dragonfly.
You might want to look for an R as well, but they are discontinued and harder to find. Unfortunately not available in FRN.
The Caly series is another among the greats to take a look at.

I love my DF 2 ( FRN model ) , but I carry a Delica at work the majority of the time .
Here is a pic I just took as I sit having " Smoko " ( lunch break )

Ken

Back