The Delica Effect

^^Definitely a work of art! Did that come with the frn scales?

I did a blade swap ages ago between my Damascus Titanium and my FRN ZDP189 .
End result i have a green FRN handled damascus and a Titanium ZDP

Ken

25601c7f36c6eada5449d48c55e2e2e6.jpg

I picked up a purple delica in trade a few days back, and it's dang near perfect in ergos and slicing ability, but compared to my manix it's just not smooth enough. I've been spoiled by free falling blades and it being easy to flick open.

It's not just the lock back either. I have a spyderco assist that I can flick open if I use a lot of wrist. No blade play there.

I have opened this delica over 300 times and I swear it's just as stiff as I got it. I'm confused. Will it ever be close to as easy as, say, a manix?

And, on a related note, if I loosen the pivots screw a tad, will that help? Worried it'll be too loose if I monkey with it.

The delica uses a totally different lock than the M2, delica is under constant tension because of the spring back lock, they do loosen over time but not like M2 or PM2. Loosening the pivot can sometimes help a little but also may not.

And, on a related note, if I loosen the pivots screw a tad, will that help? Worried it'll be too loose if I monkey with it.

Try backing out the lock bar pivot screw a tad, will the blade move freely if you depress the lock bar? If it does then it's the lock bar pivot screw that's too tight. If both pivot is good then it's the spring bar, try tip down open the blade to 8 o'clock and leave it for a day or 2, if it tried to snap close then wedge a pencil in it or something that won't damage the edge.

Try backing out the lock bar pivot screw a tad, will the blade move freely if you depress the lock bar? If it does then it's the lock bar pivot screw that's too tight. If both pivot is good then it's the spring bar, try tip down open the blade to 8 o'clock and leave it for a day or 2, if it tried to snap close then wedge a pencil in it or something that won't damage the edge.
I did this last night and think I found a slightly better "sweet spot" just by tightening and backing it out a bit. Gonna check the lock bar when I get back.

Playing with a Sebenza has also toughed up my flicking thumb -- if you think we havr it bad, get a brand new one of those to play with [emoji12]

I hate you all.
any of
I just ordered a Delica thanks to you.

Jerks

I just purchased the inventory of a small defunct gun shop. There were several Spydercos in the mix. I had no intentions of keeping any of them, but this thread made me decide to keep a Delica :) Actually I'm now debating keeping a couple different models. I hope I have developed a new habit.

Back