The Devil's Daughter

My Devil's Daughter from Bill Bagwell arived today and she is just the sweetest bit a evil I've had a chance to get my mitts on...
Long and lean, this little girl is absolutely lightnin fast and just vicious. She sings through the air and is just amazing in every way.
Blade: 11 1/4 inches a high carbon steel
Grip: Cocobolo
Guard and accents: Brass

Warning, Crappy Photos:

006-6.jpg

014-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

007-6.jpg

016-2.jpg

I like the "long and lean" blade profile as well. Has to be fast as heck in hand. Love cocobolo.
Sorry but I have to ask, are the pins and escutcheon off center of the handle and one a another? Kind of looks like they are randomly placed.

Last edited:
Cabbit that is a beautiful knife congrats. I bet it feels amazeing.

Kevin Hi Buddy, I think what you are seeing because the pics really kinda distort things is the subtle contours of the handle that make the pins look off. maybe I am wrong I would have to see the knife in person but I bet it feels fantastic.. Bill truly does believe in making an ergonomic grip by sanding here and there till the handle feels right. Most of his knives are definately right or left handed and he really puts the function and performance and most importantly feel ahead of all things. I greatly admire him for that. I just took an Ontario Bagwell pulled the pins and the plate and sanded it out and added some minor contours and I am not putting the pins back because they would probale really look askew now that I shaped the handle. Another example of Bill not giving in to trends and putting performance ahead of all things is his mirror polish. Todays collectors seem to hate a mirror polish and Bill is adimit about putting a mirror polish on his carbon blades. Bottum line is that he is right. I love the look of a finely sanded or hand rubbed finish but on a carbon piece they rust fast and show every scuff from even light use. I have a Bagwell that Bill has dated over 20 years old I have carried it and used it alot why just the other day I was leaveing to go to one of my daughters conformations and as I pulled down my drive way which is rather long and wooded on both sides I came to a blown done limb tangled in vines like spider man pulled it down. I had a suit jacket on and a pair of cowboy boots and guess what else I had on my old bagwell I do not like chopping vines with an expensive knife but I had no time to go back home so bam a second later I was done and a light buffing on the wheel when I got home and as good as new. Try that with a hand sanded blade. Bill just saw this knife and commented on how fantastic it still looked. Sorry to drown on but what I am trying to say is when it comes to Bagwell it's all about the performance the feel of the blade and the steel's integrity. Thats what I dig about his stuff

Last edited:
I really dig cocobolo, too.
Congrats on a stunning acquisition, Cabbit. :cool::thumbup::cool:

Doug

Cabbit that is a beautiful knife congrats. I bet it feels amazeing.

Kevin Hi Buddy, I think what you are seeing because the pics really kinda distort things is the subtle contours of the handle that make the pins look off. maybe I am wrong I would have to see the knife in person but I bet it feels fantastic.. Bill truly does believe in making an ergonomic grip by sanding here and there till the handle feels right. Most of his knives are definately right or left handed and he really puts the function and performance and most importantly feel ahead of all things. I greatly admire him for that. I just took an Ontario Bagwell pulled the pins and the echustian plate and sanded it out and added some minor contours and I am not putting the pins back because they would probale really look askew now that I shaped the handle. Another example of Bill not giving in to trends and putting performance ahead of all things is his mirror polish. Todays collectors seem to hate a mirror polish and Bill is adimit about putting a mirror polish on his carbon blades. Bottum line is that he is right. I love the look of a finely sanded or hand rubbed finish but on a carbon piece they rust fast and show every scuff from even light use. I have a Bagwell that Bill has dated over 20 years old I have carried it and used it alot why just the other day I was leaveing to go to one of my daughters conformations and as I pulled down my drive way which is rather long and wooded on both sides I came to a blown done limb tangled in vines like spider man pulled it down. I had a suit jacket on and a pair of cowboy boots and guess what else I had on my old bagwell I do not like chopping vines with an expensive knife but I had no time to go back home so bam a second later I was done and a light buffing on the wheel when I got home and as good as new. Try that with a hand sanded blade. Bill just saw this knife and commented on how fantastic it still looked. Sorry to drown on but what I am trying to say is when it comes to Bagwell it's all about the performance the feel of the blade and the steel's integrity. Thats what I dig about his stuff

Hi Joe.
I was just curious as first I though it was just the angle the full knife shot was taken, but then it shows in the straight closeup as well. Anyway nice piece. One I would love to handle.

Those long tree lined driveways are picturesque, however it seems when ever you are the most dressed up or in the biggest hurry there's alway a downed tree/limb.

Back