The differences between the brands?

Materials-Busse INFI steel. swap and Scrap Sr101. scrap only uses resc handles. Swamp only Canvas micarta. Busse-many.
Price-scrap yard cheapest, then swamp rat then Busse.
Just quick response but the differences are more than that.

Scrapyard has a philosophy of making great, highly usable knives that are ugly :eek:

Scrap Yard Knife Company has been founded on the high performance scrap piles of Busse Combat and Swamp Rat Knife Works. We are scavengers and dumpster divers whose only goal is to breathe life into the salvaged materials we acquire through these efforts. By running our blades in concert with the Swamp Rat line and adhering to the principle of “performance first” we will keep our manufacturing costs down and our quality unmatched at an affordable price.

http://www.scrapyardknives.com/mission.htm

Hm, nothing about "ugly" in there, but I'm sure I read that somewhere from Dan :)

Materials-Busse INFI steel. swap and Scrap Sr101. scrap only uses resc handles. Swamp only Canvas micarta. Busse-many.
Price-scrap yard cheapest, then swamp rat then Busse.
Just quick response but the differences are more than that.

Acutally G10, bone, and may other handle types can be done threw the Swamp Rat custom shop. G10 is also offered on some models with no need for custom shop order.

There's a difference? :confused:

Buy the ones you like and beat them like there's no tomorrow, they're all guaranteed the same. I like Busse INFI steel, it doesn't chip and is extremely impact resistant.

SR101 is very impact resistant as well. I hit a nail accidentally with my Swamp Rat Rattle Hawk and, to my surprise, it rolled like INFI.

Last edited:
Difference? Nah. If you want to order a scrapyard blade feel free to call the Busse crew. If you want to order a TGLB you should give the yard a call. Everyone else does it.

LOL! They love it when you do that!!

Difference? Nah. If you want to order a scrapyard blade feel free to call the Busse crew. If you want to order a TGLB you should give the yard a call. Everyone else does it.

Oh, yeah, that :eek:

Really though, just give the info pages a quick read through to get the ordering procedures, etc.

I was assuming he'd already read all that, I thought he was asking for opinions on use.

Back