• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Disappearance of Trouble Blades (Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi)

Where is this "street"?

Another defender. :rolleyes:

Sorry, metaphors are not welcome ?

Its a simple issue. People have the right to try to make up for their past and try to build their reputation again. Turpin seems to have done so. Emerson upped their QC.

If Trouble made whole people who were owed a knife or money, that is also relevant information for the community.

Its a simple issue. People have the right to try to make up for their past and try to build their reputation again. Turpin seems to have done so. Emerson upped their QC.

If Trouble made whole people who were owed a knife or money, that is also relevant information for the community.

Tim took peoples money and did not provide products in return. He hid from them, then made excuses, and then made commitments that he did not keep. It seems that he now trolls social media using sock puppets and proxies to obfuscate his past bad dealings.

These scams are unfortunately very easy to run. MOST customers will just "write off" unfulfilled orders. Only a tiny portion will post about being ripped off. Makers that know how to take pictures and manage social media accounts can lay low for a short time and then start the cycle all over again (see Dan Koster and Balzano, just to name a few).

I have not seen any evidence that Tim wants to "make up for his past and try to build his reputation again." Rather, I see him wanting to erase his past. There is a huge difference between the two courses. Potential customers have the right to make an educated decision on whether to give Tim their money or not...

I love metaphors.

Took the time to find a couple for Trouble Blades (Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi) let me know how these sound.

Leopard cannot change its spots, also, the tiger cannot change its stripes . One can't change one's essential nature.

Once a thief, always a thief.

Once bitten, twice shy.

It would seem The Maker Himself would know if he's completed all his obligations.

If you're owed a knife speak up otherwise it's a wrap?

Tim took peoples money and did not provide products in return. He hid from them, then made excuses, and then made commitments that he did not keep. It seems that he now trolls social media using sock puppets and proxies to obfuscate his past bad dealings.

These scams are unfortunately very easy to run. MOST customers will just "write off" unfulfilled orders. Only a tiny portion will post about being ripped off. Makers that know how to take pictures and manage social media accounts can lay low for a short time and then start the cycle all over again (see Dan Koster and Balzano, just to name a few).

I have not seen any evidence that Tim wants to "make up for his past and try to build his reputation again." Rather, I see him wanting to erase his past. There is a huge difference between the two courses. Potential customers have the right to make an educated decision on whether to give Tim their money or not...

Fair points, although I dont know whats the social media trolling.

Agree, its a trust based community where the same good faith that might lead you to a grail can leave you hanging.

Thats why I asked if there are still orders outstanding or something like that. If at least people in the thread were made whole its a start.

I love metaphors.

Took the time to find a couple for Trouble Blades (Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi) let me know how these sound.

Leopard cannot change its spots, also, the tiger cannot change its stripes . One can't change one's essential nature.

Once a thief, always a thief.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Gotcha,

So Turpin and Gareth Bull are in the same boat of Will Moon, Nocturnal and D. Carillo ?

Gotcha,

So Turpin and Gareth Bull are in the same boat of Will Moon, Nocturnal and D. Carillo ?
That would be what an a smart person would call a "leading question".

Are Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi and Trouble Blades scammers? Absolutely.

If there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

If other knife makers have threads in this sub have threads you'd like to try your posting in feel free. We'll see how that works out.

seems like the people still posting didn’t lay any money down. My guess would be all commitments made before or during their hard times where money exchanged hands have now been taken care of.

seems like the people still posting didn’t lay any money down. My guess would be all commitments made before or during their hard times where money exchanged hands have now been taken care of.

Oh look, another new member with a broom attempting to sweep a bad maker's drama under a rug. Wow, never seen THAT before. At least Tim isn't pretending to be his own wife, which is more than I can say for another disgraced bum maker recently. LOL

Oh look, another new member with a broom attempting to sweep a bad maker's drama under a rug. Wow, never seen THAT before. At least Tim isn't pretending to be his own wife, which is more than I can say for another disgraced bum maker recently. LOL

the wife thing only works if she wasn't publicly part of the scam too

What a shame this guy turned out to be a scum bag. I had a few MoFo’s in Cruwear - they are nice knives (if overbuilt is what you want). I will absolutely not be buying anything from the maker in question again.

Just to add to this thread, maybe (for some people) is ill to talk abt the dead BUT I believe is relevant on this case. Remember his "brother and best friend" Jay Montroy Brooks who passed away back in 2014 and was the one working behind the scenes at Trouble blades? Well I found this (I cross-check the birth date information with the obituary and is the same) I am not sure if I can post the link but google the name and the info will show up:

"Edmonton city cops are still looking for Jay Montroy Brooks — and they've been looking for him for eight years.

Police say Brooks served two years for a drug trafficking conviction and then he was released on full parole back in May 9, 2004.

But Brooks fled from his halfway house on July 28, 2004 and no one has heard from him since.

Police say his whereabouts are unknown and he has been on the run ever since he ditched parole officials.

Brooks is a six-foot-one male who has brown eyes and black hair. He weighs around 300 pounds.

He was born Jan. 10, 1982."

Back