The Dogs are BACK.

I was holding my breath while the page loaded hoping for a small skinner or ideally a muk blade. This waiting crap is ridiculous. Either Jerry better start cutting some fresh ones or you boys need to free up some safe space and get that exchange humming.

Ah well, in for one.

+1 for a muk

This is the same as the Mudd Mutt from a few years ago...correct? Specs look about the same I think. I've got two originals and a Garth edition and they are an awesome blade.

So it's a re-release and not new as such...right?

I don't know if it's an actual difference, but the old Mud Mutt was listed as having a 140" while the current iteration is listed as .130". So it might be a little thinner.

Also, the blade on the old version was listed as 5" with an OAL of 10", while the current version is listed as .25" longer on the blade and overall. But that could just be a rounding difference. Or not.

Specs for 2014 version are available on an archived SYKCO website page here.

Last edited:
Looks like all handle options are on last call... gone for good when they are gone or back at the regular price? The email made no mention of staying up at regular price... just FYI for anybody who needs some of this in their life.... :). They are my favorite Scrap Yard knives... :)

A little confused here: so how is this new blade different from the previously offered Mud Mutt? The little video demo looks good. I'll bet this knife will be a super EDC option for those of us who opt for fixed blades.

When I first saw the posting title, I thought they were bringing the Dog Soldier back. The six inch INFI model was a knife that I should have bought in multiples. In the six inch category, you'll have to look long and hard to find a better survival/utility cutter.

From what I can see, this has the elf choil (sharpening choil), not a finger choil. My Mud Mutts both have finger choils. Love the one I have in INFI.

woof woof

ZhdYrZM.jpg

SomsSyR.jpg

I’m gonna need one of those!!!
Is that the newest release? Are these ready to order??

These should fit the new version fine.
I looked at the specs and the new one is like the older version from a few years ago. 2013 ?

There was another version and the safety Mutt that were much thicker ( .20" to .22" ish)
These are not for those but I do have those.

Back