The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

No doubt something good has to come from being awake half the night !

& my pleasure for removing the temptation ;-)

yellow wouldn’t have been my first choice either, but seems to compliment it well. I think the woodgrain on opposite side is even more beautiful than the side advertised (even in fair lighting) but to each their own.

Can’t wait to see it in person.

A while back, Bmurray Bmurray posted a link for these little “tactical bags.” They were free, except for shipping. I mistakenly ordered two of them, so I wanted to offer the extra one to anyone here who might be interested. Free to a good home, brand new and still wrapped in plastic.

It’s a sturdy little bugger, with plenty of pockets and places to attach things. It has a sling-type shoulder strap that I suppose could be used around the waist also.

Didn’t want to mung up the Flea Market, so I’m putting it here. The pic with the ball cap will hopefully give perspective of how compact it is. The flag patch is mine and did not come with the bag.

PM me if interested.
***ETA: claimed by varga49***

Last edited:
A while back, Bmurray Bmurray posted a link for these little “tactical bags.” They were free, except for shipping. I mistakenly ordered two of them, so I wanted to offer the extra one to anyone here who might be interested. Free to a good home, brand new and still wrapped in plastic.

It’s a sturdy little bugger, with plenty of pockets and places to attach things. It has a sling-type shoulder strap that I suppose could be used around the waist also.

Didn’t want to mung up the Flea Market, so I’m putting it here. The pic with the ball cap will hopefully give perspective of how compact it is. The flag patch is mine and did not come with the bag.

PM me if interested.

PM sent.

I’ve been sitting here watching the available knives thread all afternoon thinking how nice it would be to have a matching pair, but my ironwood and yellow KEB hasn’t even arrived yet and I really dig my scandi grind bushboot. Internal struggle solved by lady1911.
Thanks...I think ;-)
Btw I think these beautiful knives are becoming an obsession.

Not familiar with "magma" scales. Looks like birds eye maple burl with some sort of resin stabilizing. Is that accurate?
pretty spot on

edit
from what i understand.... they take a gnarly piece of burl and pour the resin into the voids and put it under vacuum or pressure and then cut it in to blocks

The earlier-version Baron sheath (Diomedes) makes the Ski-Doo especially appealing. :thumbsup:

o_O

~ P.
Yes, I was torn to include that sheath with the Sgain Dubh since he's no longer making them "nice and narrow". But the sheath has molded so well to the SD it wouldn't be right to separate them.

@Fiddleback Outpost The Baron should be switched back to the narrow version. If a wider version is truly needed, then keep the original Baron and rename the wider 2nd version "Fat n Rich Baron" ;) Honestly, the original was perfect for an Esquire and knowing that it has been widened, I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering/buying one now because I don't feel that it would mold & hold as well as well given the extra width. That, and the extra width would be just that - extra sheath width in the pocket. o_O

Yes, I was torn to include that sheath with the Sgain Dubh since he's no longer making them "nice and narrow". But the sheath has molded so well to the SD it wouldn't be right to separate them.

@Fiddleback Outpost The Baron should be switched back to the narrow version. If a wider version is truly needed, then keep the original Baron and rename the wider 2nd version "Fat n Rich Baron" ;) Honestly, the original was perfect for an Esquire and knowing that it has been widened, I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering/buying one now because I don't feel that it would mold & hold as well as well given the extra width. That, and the extra width would be just that - extra sheath width in the pocket. o_O

+1 on the Baron sheaths. I believe the newer version of the APS Gent is also wider. I have had to source other options as the wider versions make the contents of that pocket difficult to retrieve.

Back