The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

@Warrior108 @Hulk2e :

The new Baron is wider and shallower...

IMG_6868.jpg
(New iteration on the left; I thought I'd been sent the incorrect sheath, was shocked when I found out it was, indeed, a Baron, and swapped it out right quick for one of the last Real® ones in stock....)

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg
(middle)

An Esquire in the original Baron was one of my favorite looks/proportional carries. Dang.

There's no way I needed (even more) extra leather overwhelming the FF patterns' lines and blocking my pockets-- if I could even fit the sheaths in 'em anymore!

I've gone to another source, with delectably strong clips so the sheaths stay anchored in-pocket when I draw my knife, but I'm sure glad I have my original Barons.

~ P.

That Surls kestrel with Evergreen burlap ticks all the boxes for me. My wallet is glad I missed that one because I couldn’t resist it if it was still available.

@Warrior108 @Hulk2e :

The new Baron is wider and shallower...

View attachment 878081
(New iteration on the left; I thought I'd been sent the incorrect sheath, was shocked when I found out it was, indeed, a Baron, and swapped it out right quick for one of the last Real® ones in stock....)

View attachment 878082

View attachment 878084

View attachment 878085
(middle)

An Esquire in the original Baron was one of my favorite looks/proportional carries. Dang.

There's no way I needed (even more) extra leather overwhelming the FF patterns' lines and blocking my pockets-- if I could even fit the sheaths in 'em anymore!

I've gone to another source, with delectably strong clips so the sheaths stay anchored in-pocket when I draw my knife, but I'm sure glad I have my original Barons.

~ P.
Very well said, as usual, pertinux pertinux .

I’m also glad I have an older Baron, for this exact reason.

He must have posted the wrong pic. That's my Bushboot and my pic.

The date on that Bourbon Street Skinner is pretty accurate. I think that one or my Osage handled one were used for the sheath prototype. That sheath shown is hand sewn and I have been using a machine for the last 6yrs. Very nice and gorgeous oak handle! Would look pretty cool next to the Osage.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful sheath, Rick! If you are settled in Florida I'd like to get in touch about some other projects. Thanks for the info.

Bushcrafter A2 5/32 TT sheath not included $275 shipped CONUS.
lady finger A2 1/8 $200 shipped CONUS.

In case anyone else wanted to look at pics check out post 12530. Thought I would save you some time and effort.

Bushcrafter A2 5/32 TT sheath not included $275 shipped CONUS.
lady finger A2 1/8 $200 shipped CONUS.

In case anyone else wanted to look at pics check out post 12530. Thought I would save you some time and effort.
That’s a great deal on that Ladyfinger.

Back