The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Someone needs to buy one of my knives at a steal of a price. I want to buy the JB knife listed this Friday.

@willymatt here are a few Strebig's to feast your eyes on in case. Seems the one you were discussing with @Belloc got snagged up but here are just a couple of mine in my collection. OH!! Everyone needs a little @Cohutta Strebig in their life :D

yaOfocc.jpg

oWsIOC2.jpg

ynLgTiw.jpg

@willymatt here are a few Strebig's to feast your eyes on in case. Seems the one you were discussing with @Belloc got snagged up but here are just a couple of mine in my collection. OH!! Everyone needs a little @Cohutta Strebig in their life :D

yaOfocc.jpg

oWsIOC2.jpg

ynLgTiw.jpg
That's a very fine collection right there... love the matching set!!

How do you feel that the Strebig compares to a KE Bushie?

I’m guessing I should post this here instead of the flea market thread. If anyone has one they’re considering parting with I’m looking for a cpm154 hiking buddy. I wouldn’t mind a2 either if I really like the handle.

I’m guessing I should post this here instead of the flea market thread. If anyone has one they’re considering parting with I’m looking for a cpm154 hiking buddy. I wouldn’t mind a2 either if I really like the handle.

What handles are you looking for?

I tend to lean towards black micarta and other darker phenolics. Here’s my Bushcrafter Jr. for reference. Purple burlap would be a no brainer for me. :D

781D4431-26E0-4194-AA87-4EA2F35538B3.jpeg

I’m willing to trade the Bushcrafter or the Hiking Buddy I have listed. I’m looking for a Patch or another Hiking Buddy with a convex grind or both, A2 is fine but I’m a sucker for CPM154.

The Hiking Buddy has been traded. I’m pulling the Bushcrafter for now but I’d be willing to trade it for a Patch or another FF in the 3.75”-4” range.

I wasn’t sure if I should post this in the flea market thread or not but I have a Bushcrafter 1/8” A2 TT with dyed palm scales and blue pinstripes I’m looking to trade.

D741B29A-AC1A-48FA-99BD-E53D65F243A0.jpeg CD02CD26-FB0D-4814-ACB6-24D0463237BF.jpeg 7074BAA4-00CE-4F45-8844-55289638F9E2.jpeg

I’m looking for another FF in that size range I.e. kephart, recluse, monarch or another Bushcrafter with different scales.

Last edited:
Cohutta Knife Alaculsy, I believe this is a discontinued model and is marked with an X on the spine.
The Alaculsy has not been discontinued. @Cohutta can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he uses the "X" to designate knives with something about them that doesn't meet his specs. The knife is certainly still good, just something didn't agree with Russell's discerning eagle eye.

The Alaculsy has not been discontinued. @Cohutta can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he uses the "X" to designate knives with something about them that doesn't meet his specs. The knife is certainly still good, just something didn't agree with Russell's discerning eagle eye.

it was listed in a sale of seconds and discontinued/old stock. All the seconds had a flaw specifically mentioned, no such flaw listed with this one. So my assumption was discontinued or old stock.

I concur with R RobbieB

Back