The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Cohutta puukko
Osage, curly maple, bronze. 1/8 80crv2. Diomedes center seam included. $350 TYD. Used lightly, Osage is just starting to get some nice color.

This awesome puukko is still looking for it's forever home. Its already house broken and plays well with others. Hard to find another as beautiful as this one. Hit me up and adopt this beauty today!

To whomever scored this black ash from today’s drop - please let me know if you decide to let go of it anytime soon. I’ve been trying to grab an ash fixie for my Dad for Christmas for sentimental reasons and I was really hoping to get this one but got caught up putting the kids to bed tonight and missed it.
I was lucky enough to grab that one. Been after a Cohutta for a while so will probably hold on to it but you have dibs if I decide it's not for me.

Production Kephart with kydex sheath. Ironwood. Used for light garden duty, never sharpened. . Harvesting kale, jalapeños etc… very small chip in blade easily sharpened away(see pic) . $170 shipped PayPal f&f. Trade offer also welcome

I am very interested in this one. Can anybody here tell me more about this? Did the Fiddleback crew put special handles on some of their production line or is this an aftermarket build? I sent the seller a pm with some questions.

Thanks!

I am very interested in this one. Can anybody here tell me more about this? Did the Fiddleback crew put special handles on some of their production line or is this an aftermarket build? I sent the seller a pm with some questions.

Thanks!
There were some blades from the various runs of CNC cut Mid-Tech field knife patterns, that were set aside or were extras (not sure). Eventually, these were completed in unique, hand made handle configurations remeniscent of the regular all hand made Fiddlebacks. I think they used up the Mid-Tech blanks some time ago.

I don’t see the particular knife you are talking about but there was a small run group buy maybe three years ago or a little less VANCE VANCE and Fiddleback Fiddleback did. It was the S35VN production Kephart Blade with a few wood and canvas options. They came with a leather sheath so someone possibly may have had the Kydex sheath made. I have one in really cool black ash burl with black liners and orange pinstripes. That could be from that particular run. I think there were 20 or 25 spots available for that. It’s a great knife to own if you get an opportunity to snag one.

Thanks!
Are you referring to a “Custom Shop” Kephart? Every now and then Andy would put a “custom” handle on one of the mid-tech S35VN blades. These were referred to as Custom Shop. If you search back several years you will see Custom Shop Hiking Buddys, Kepharts, Dukes, Runts, and Camps. I believe this link has the knife you are referring to.

Are you referring to a “Custom Shop” Kephart? Every now and then Andy would put a “custom” handle on one of the mid-tech S35VN blades. These were referred to as Custom Shop. If you search back several years you will see Custom Shop Hiking Buddys, Kepharts, Dukes, Runts, and Camps. I believe this link has the knife you are referring to.

Yes. Would be referred to as custom shop. I went back (page 28) and found this information on the original information for this group buy.

Yes. Would be referred to as custom shop. I went back (page 28) and found this information on the original information for this group buy.

Man... I really hate I was late to the game and missed out on group buys. Should have jumped on Blade Forums earlier

What good times we had sharking these knives off the forum. And better yet, the link that J jb33 sent me will show you how tight this fiddleback family was and still is. All the guys gunning for each other. Helping out a brother or sister! Was a blast going after some of those! The intensity, heart pounding moment when that 3 pm (original time moved to 9 pm at some point) hit and you were sweating bullets getting all your notes copied and pasted and posted in what felt like minutes sometimes to beat your buddy at the 1-3 you wanted. YEP! you could claim up to 3 max and many of us did that! HAHAHA. The group buys James River James River were super cool! I wished you could have been around for those as well! Some really cool knives out there. There was once a group buy for the Loner model that had a mystery piece of wood I sent to Phillip for that. IF i recall Fishcharmer Fishcharmer still has that one (a secret second one was made for me too :) ).

Last edited:

Thanks Choppaman Choppaman , I completely forgot there was a CS Group Buy!

What good times we had sharking these knives off the forum. And better yet, the link that J jb33 sent me will show you how tight this fiddleback family was and still is. All the guys gunning for each other. Helping out a brother or sister! Was a blast going after some of those! The intensity, heart pounding moment when that 3 pm (original time moved to 9 pm at some point) hit and you were sweating bullets getting all your notes copied and pasted and posted in what felt like minutes sometimes to beat your buddy at the 1-3 you wanted. YEP! you could claim up to 3 max and many of us did that! HAHAHA. The group buys James River James River were super cool! I wished you could have been around for those as well! Some really cool knives out there. There was once a group buy for the Loner model that had a mystery piece of wood I sent to Phillip for that. IF i recall Fishcharmer Fishcharmer still has that one (a secret second one was made for me too :) ).
Yes, those were very fun Fridays! I stumbled on this forum sometime during 2016 and was blown away by all the content the Fiddleback Family posted and how helpful everyone was. Spent more time than I care to admit reading all of Comprehensivist Comprehensivist (and so many others) reviews and comparisons, trying to figure out which model I wanted to try next. James River James River I wish I found Fiddleback earlier too but better late than never!

Yes, those were very fun Fridays! I stumbled on this forum sometime during 2016 and was blown away by all the content the Fiddleback Family posted and how helpful everyone was. Spent more time than I care to admit reading all of Comprehensivist Comprehensivist (and so many others) reviews and comparisons, trying to figure out which model I wanted to try next. James River James River I wish I found Fiddleback earlier too but better late than never!
NO DOUBT Comprehensivist Comprehensivist was a fiddlebacker with some serious knowledge. Good dude.

Here is my CS GB Kephart.

1CUslJ1.jpg

DsHx3xf.jpg

417Oi3M.jpg

Back