The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

I can't believe no one is interested in this puukko. At $315 this knife and sheath combo is a great deal! I know you'll be happy with this one! Hit me up and we'll get this to you before Christmas!
Cohutta puukko
Osage, curly maple, bronze. 1/8 80crv2. Diomedes center seam included. $350 TYD. NOW REDUCED TO $315 TYD.Used lightly, Osage is just starting to get some nice color.

Didn't I see a shank for sale? Been off out of state all week. Looked in tonight it was gone. Also saw someone looking for a wood handed shank it was gone also.

Didn't I see a shank for sale? Been off out of state all week. Looked in tonight it was gone. Also saw someone looking for a wood handed shank it was gone also.
I'm still looking for a wood handled Shank. 😉

Last edited:
Choppaman Choppaman Thank you. Some of these are starting to hurt letting them go. I have some bad financial changes coming soon and may have to get down to rolling gear only. No P&M though, I will still have some nice knives.
Bill

Got a couple up for grabs from my collection. Both are new & unused:

1. ASP, Ironwood over black liners w/ orange pinstripes, SFT, convex on 1/8" spalted 01 steel. Asking: $250.00 STYD ----> $210.00 STYD

yziyFkil.jpg

EEa87O6l.jpg

HeLJvrSl.jpg

2. Sylvrfalcen, Cocobolo over natural canvas bolsters, SFT, convex on 3/32" spalted A2 steel together with Diomedes pocket sheath. Asking: $ 300.00. STYD ----> $250.00

Em4jiUPl.jpg

lfIYPtSl.jpg

iBZBfwal.jpg

HjgkK1El.jpg

USPS Priority shipping, CONUS only. Not looking for any trade offers.

Thanks for looking !

Peter
Someone please buy that Silverfalcen !

Man there is so much truth to this post. I left this forum like 7 years ago because it was the same BS over and over. Could never get a knife on FBF because some dude with a fast internet connection needed that 37th Runt for his collection. And then when you politely asked the other dude that regularly posted pictures of ± a dozen of the same model in their collection if they would consider letting you have the FBF knife you missed by 10 seconds, they tell you to pound sand.

Lol but here I am, back again, in the BST thread because it's the only way to buy a knife. A pretty silly sales model.
moogles moogles - zharris moans for a knife and claims its a valid point, even though it's only complaining for not getting what he wants.

Your internet speed is not the result of Andy Roy's business model. Someone not wanting to sell you a knife is not the result of Andy's business model.

No hate from me Zharris. I really don't know how to appease your request though. I don't take orders for good reasons that I have explained ad nauseum.

Its about being creative and making knives and driving my designs myself at its heart. No 20 people direct my knifemaking. I didn't learn this until I quit making long bolsters because of negative opinions of them online. I have always regretted doing that. I still love the long bolsters. I allowed my art to be directed by an outside force in a negative way. I don't do that anymore.

I love the community that are interested in my knives. I hope you all, very much including @zharris , are enjoying my knives. IMO, you are not a pariah. Nothing personal here toward any customer.

Simply, order taking is not for me. The stress increase is more than palpable. The amount of communication necessary per knife is an order of magnitude more. The customer ordering their 'grail' knife is the hardest to please. Having a long order list means selling your work at an improved skill level without charging for that experience. Being able to direct my time myself, and my creativity myself is critical to me. I want to make what I love. When that doesn't sell anymore, I'll likely quit making knives.
How many times does Andy need to write this?

Back