The Funnel--questions, comments..whatever. Just pour it in here. Somebody'll see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel D

Tow Mater
It's Christmas break. I fully intend to go out into the woods I just moved next to and get some practical field time in with my beloved '18. But every 3 days, the snow Gods see fit to dump 4 inches of snow on us Hoosiers, and I can't find my one pair of waterproof boots I packed up 7 months ago when I lived in the city. So apart from shoveling the walk..I guess I'll just wait. I've been experimenting with the draw knife a bit more recently and have discovered it is quite useful, both for shaving kindling..of course, but for just plain chopping. Almost as good as the hatchet on the end. I can get through 6 inch thick pieces in a matter of minutes. I've found the box with my hiking gear and pack, so at some point cabin fever will get to me and I'll get out there. Oh well..

It's Christmas break. I fully intend to go out into the woods I just moved next to and get some practical field time in with my beloved '18. But every 3 days, the snow Gods see fit to dump 4 inches of snow on us Hoosiers, and I can't find my one pair of waterproof boots I packed up 7 months ago when I lived in the city. So apart from shoveling the walk..I guess I'll just wait. I've been experimenting with the draw knife a bit more recently and have discovered it is quite useful, both for shaving kindling..of course, but for just plain chopping. Almost as good as the hatchet on the end. I can get through 6 inch thick pieces in a matter of minutes. I've found the box with my hiking gear and pack, so at some point cabin fever will get to me and I'll get out there. Oh well..

How does the M-18 do as a snow shovel? :)

I figured it would make a pretty damn good scraper. That's what the from edge is for. Maybe it was the operator? I got a question Jeffery. How's Friday for the next R&D meeting. Assuming Murph can make it.

Tedious, my friend. Tedious. Also, DO NOT use it to scrape ice off your wife's car. But, we learn by trying, do we not?

Lol, did you remove a windshield wiper in the process and get yourself put in the doghouse?

Aye, Friday will work for me. I ain't going nowhere. I'll cook something feast worthy. Just bring mead of some sort..

Happy New Year Todd! Hope you and yours have a great year!

[video=youtube_share;d5InoaVLWOI]http://youtu.be/d5InoaVLWOI[/video]
How have I missed this for the past 3 months?!?

[video=youtube_share;d5InoaVLWOI]http://youtu.be/d5InoaVLWOI[/video]
How have I missed this for the past 3 months?!?

My acting debut! I think I killed it, considering I carried the rest of you sorry "thespians".

Glad I got to talk with you the other day, Todd! It was good to get a little history on the m-18 and meet you. Still have some nervous twitching left from having to pass on the one you had available. Good luck in 2013!

The pleasure was all mine mrn8. As far as the M-18. I can always make more when the time is more convinent for you. That particular one is soon to start its journey to its new loving home. :)

TheCrew.jpg
Aah..we were so young. I'm the good looking one.

Last edited:
Wife says get rid of the Xmas tree.... So I'm getting rid of the Xmas tree, one swing at a time

IMAG0561.jpg

whoops,forgot to ask my question, should I be holding a beer or taking a swig while using my M 18?

Last edited:
Wife says get rid of the Xmas tree.... So I'm getting rid of the Xmas tree, one swing at a time

IMAG0561.jpg

whoops,forgot to ask my question, should I be holding a beer or taking a swig while using my M 18?

As long as you've previously ingested at least 72 oz of beer, there's no need to swig one "while" you work. However, it is strongly suggested that you consume at least 72 oz more promptly after the job is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back