The Future of the SK Series

Disclaimer: It is still going to be some time until we have the SK Series up and running. We weren't planning to mention many details until closer to them being available. But since there has recently been some public discussions about whether or not our current system is or isn't sustainable, here is one of the ways we are planning to speed things up.

The SK Series will be a production version of the GSO Series, still performance oriented with a lower price tag. These knives will be for the folks who want a good user without the long wait. Once in full swing, they should be much more readily available. How? Read on:
- Less Guy. They will still be Guy's designs and he will oversee the production, but they will be finished and sharpened by others. While they will still be made from quality materials, these will not have the same level of attention to detail as the GSO (Guy Seiferd Original) Series. So the overall fit and finish won't be the same.
- Less models and less options. The more variables there are, the more involved the process is to fulfill the order. Instead of options, the SK Series will likely be prebuilt and ready to ship.

We are still in the research & development stages so don't expect to see these for a while. I will be sure to keep you posted as we get further along.

EXCITING!!!!! Looking forward to hearing (and seeing!) more!

This really does give a special meaning to Guy Seiferd Original.

I'm NOT looking for an answer now, but I'll be anxious to see which steel(s) will be used.

Maybe freeing up a little time in the future for some custom line offerings?

Quite possibly, but let's take one thing at a time here :D

I'm wondering (hoping), the super fun custom stuff will wait until more of the current preorders are out. Then again, it's not my company!

EXCITING!!!!! Looking forward to hearing (and seeing!) more!

This really does give a special meaning to Guy Seiferd Original.

I'm NOT looking for an answer now, but I'll be anxious to see which steel(s) will be used.

I agree ... Truly giving GSO it's own special line !! Up to this point I've always just seen "GSO" as part of the official title though I knew they had their SK line as well.

Not that my opinion matters at great deal, but this seems like huge step forward, as far a business is concerned.
For those who are interested in GSOs, they go into it knowing there's a wait, with the possibility of picking up a second now and again. On the other hand, for those who want a piece of SK but are unwilling to deal with the wait time, and will settle for Guy's oversight vs his handmade products, this seems not only like a real answer, but also away to relieve some pressure !!

On a side note ... I want a GSO [emoji16]

Last edited:
This move makes a ton of practical sense! Looking forward to more details as they firm up

This is a much better strategy to have and maintain a constant stream of cashflow without having to resort to reopening of previously closed preorders. The latter could be indicative of some form of financial instability or distress. Plus, faster turnaround on orders creates more positive buzz even if the S!K models come with less "bling" and more mass production type of steels. A bunch of other knife Cos are already doing this and selling their knives in excess of what GSOs sell. Good move overall if Survive! can team up or has already teamed up with a respectable outsourcing workshop here in the U.S. of A

It would be cool if through that line you could get the same general design as the GSOs well as the high end steel, yet narrow down features that put it into the "custom manufactured"

Then there's that "less Guy" thing ... He could devote his time to the design/GSO line, which I'm sure would still have an extremely strong following, but again, relieving some pressure... But there I go trying to tell em how to run their company [emoji849]

Sounds good.

Not sure which series I'd buy into. I'm pretty heavily invested in the GSO series right now. Whenever I get those, I don't know how much more I'd need. Probably would buy a SK-8, if that became available. That's about I have left to order. And if I actually receive a 4.7 or something before the 8 pre-order closes, I'll probably pop for the GSO-8 anyway.

But we're forgetting the Pee bucket hat, and future Guy [emoji41]

I think this strategy IS what future-Guy came back and told him to do.

Also, fun fact... I saw a story in the Kellogg Gazette online that said there was a run on buckets and Lysol at the local supermarket, so I think that's in place now, too. Apparently use telling them how to run things is working...

Also, have you noticed how no one has Ever seen Guy and Bruce Wayne in the same room at the same time?!

I kinda like this idea, a base/sport model (SK) and the fully loaded premium model (GSO), one you just buy and the other the customer can order what bells and whistles they want for the perfect model.

It sounds good and I anticipate success for S!K, but I'll be sticking with the GSOs. The possibility of custom really floats my boat though. A 4.7 in 0.125 thick stock would be so good, I can feel it in my waters. About 1/3 less weight, and extra sclicy, Oh Yes Please!

If this speeds up the Survive Hat production, then I am all for it

Back