The Gallery moderator suggestions...

Not that this forum will need any moderating, but there are always a lot of questions by forumites about scanning and taking pictures of knives.

For pictures I suggest forumite Terril Hoffman (forum name - Terrill). He's a professional photographer who is also the show photog for the Southeastern Custom Knife Show and the PKA Show in Denver. His work is almost always in the three monthly knife magazines. His stuff is outstanding. Check it out at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=243110

For scanning knives James Mattis is a master. We've all seen his work. 'Nuff said.

I haven't spoken with either of these two gentleman, so I don't know if they'd be interested or not, but it would be nice to have "resident experts" available to answer questions from time to time...

------------------
Kelly
My Custom Knife Collection
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Kelly, I would nominate you for the Moderator position. Aside from having an outstanding collection yourself, excellent taste, informative on just about every level of collecting, who better for this position? More important than knowing everything about a subject, is being able to know where to look for information, and you always seem to know.

As a co-moderator I would suggest; Blues, G2, Richard_T or GusK and Paracelsus, if they are looking for additional moderating duties. Not only do I admire all of their collections, but their willingness to share with others here.

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
My PhotoPoint Site

How about you, PhiL? You could post some of those 'interesting' photos that we get to see in W&C
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

JB, I couldn't think of a worse possible choice for any position of authority, than me.
Posting dumb pics, doesn't qualify me for anything.
Everyone I suggested is really qualified for the job, not only do they know quality knives, but they put their money where their mouth is, (kind of unsanitary, but you know what I mean.)

I don't know; it would certainly make the other moderators think twice about moving any threads to your forum without asking.
smile.gif

On a serious note, I think all of the suggestions so far have been good (except PhiL; I found the downside to him being the moderator: literally hundreds of photos of sheep will appear in this forum
smile.gif
). Shall we put it to a vote?

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

I would like to second the nomination of Richard_T for Gallery Forum Moderator.
I believe he would be the best choice for this job.

Hey, thanks guys...I would love the chance to help out as best I can. All I have learned so far about knife pics has been from the great people on the forum who are always willing to share information. I would be more than happy to return the favor by sharing what I have learned.

------------------
Richard
icq 61363141
Just some knife pictures
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=110070&a=4518795
UPDATED and REVISED

Back