The Guys at Shadetree. . .

fod

a la sombra
Are making knives!

Introducing our Fiddleback Forge Friends to the Shadetree Maglock

We've been working on this one for a while. We filed the patent on May first and launched the Kickstarter yesterday, and will have the official debut at the Blade Show.

Based on the swing handle jack knife last made popular by Barry Wood.

This updated concept uses magnets to hold the handles in the open and closed positions.

Each knife in this initial exclusive run is marked with our unique modified Made in the Shade "acorn" logo and is individually numbered 1 to 99.

All stainless steel hardware

Closed Length 3.6"

Open Length 6.0"

Blade Length 2.4"

Blade Thickness .094"

Thickness 0.44"

Width 0.75"

Weight 2 ounces

7075 Aluminum handles anodized in blue or green

S30V @ 59-60Rc blade

Rare earth magnets

All stainless hardware

First run uniquely numbered from 1 to 99

Locally manufactured in Jackson, Michigan, USA

Last edited:
That's a really unique design. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it, which is really awesome. Now I really want to handle one, haha.

Look forward to checking these out at BLADE next week. Hope you bring some from the prototype run!

I can't listen to the audio, so I'm not sure if my questions were addressed there.

Closed length? Open length? Price? Blade thickness?

It's a very interesting concept, and the possibilities for customization of the handles are pretty much endless.

I can't listen to the audio, so I'm not sure if my questions were addressed there.

Closed length? Open length? Price? Blade thickness?

It's a very interesting concept, and the possibilities for customization of the handles are pretty much endless.

Thanks, I added the specs to the first post.

If this gains traction, I want to apply this concept to other traditional patterns (like barlow, sodbuster and others, as well as some interesting originals)

Look forward to checking these out at BLADE next week. Hope you bring some from the prototype run!

We are bringing at least forty to Blade. Looking forward to seeing you there!

That's a really unique design. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it, which is really awesome. Now I really want to handle one, haha.

Thank you, we are excited to share it. We'll have some at Blade and if you can't make it to Atlanta, please consider following and sharing our Kickstarter.

Can it be used by someone with a pacemaker?

Rephrased, are they neodymium-iron-boron (NdFeB) magnets?

Thx

Cool design!

I do think these things are pretty cool, but needs more Shadetree micarta.

I do think these things are pretty cool, but needs more Shadetree micarta.

Thank you. For our first design using this new concept we wanted to whittle it down to its bare essence.

We agree, and we will have our composites on future patterns of the maglock knives.

Back