The Gypsy Jack *UPDATE* Pics added

So, I recently built of funds to get another Emerson, by selling off a couple others I wasn't using and having a bit saved up. I was seriously considering a gentleman Jim, but then, I saw a gypsy jack on the exchange. "An Emerson Gypsy Jack? What's that?" I thought, as I had never heard of it, only getting into emersons in the last year, I did some quick searching, and found all I needed to know, it was going to be mine! So, it is heading my way. I love big knives, I'm a big guy at 6'3", 225 lbs, and larger blades suit me and fit my hand well. The unique blade and shape of the knife overall called to me, as something different, and sort of "classical tactical" if I may. I know it was somewhat designed after the Spanish raja, and it reminds me of something a pirate would carry.

Who else has a gypsy? Do you end/carry it often? Show them off!
I will definitely be carrying this!Time for pics! I took a bunch, if you wanna see more, you better let me know. Just a cell phone but they turned out good I think.
QGhjbVi.jpg

fOAlhO0.jpg
Dumv3vU.jpg
ECXxMA7.jpg
RXD9i8n.jpg
xgqs4fD.jpg
ruupyhM.jpg
PlAHsUi.jpg
5t5vEqb.jpg
xaOsrxn.jpg
BglGt3Z.jpg

I'm thinking some dark wood scales would really bring out the "old school" style of this blade...

Perfect centering on this Gypsy!
QHf9tWn.jpg

A nice comparison to a super 8
NQeg1yB.jpg

A great reverse grip feel!
BIh62ih.jpg

Perfect sabre grip IMO!
OOCtW7l.jpg

And my Emerson family, super 8, Gypsy Jack, full size 15, snubby 14.
kcvpesE.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet pics Officer's Match! I always kind of wanted the Gypsy Jack. I have a Gentleman Jim and it's in my top three favorite carry knives. So I would recommend getting a GJ as well.

I had one. The day it showed up, I was surprised with it. Hogged a pocket for 2 straight weeks which is really something for me as I usually switch out my carry everyday. Lots of blade that just flies open. The handle I thought was a bit lacking but was quite wrong. It's pretty cool but ended up not being for me given my needs. Congrats on getting one and post some pics when you get it.

Funky, the GJ. You will love it or flip it.
My Commander keeps me from getting one.

Gotta give credit for the ethnic knives made. You don't know til it's in your hand. Thought I'd love the Persian but the handle didn't do it for me.

Congrats on that, not exactly my style, but wouldn't be sure until I tried one. My CQC-13 gets most of my pocket time.

damn...I've been looking and the more I see the Gypsy jack and the persian...the more I want them....hmmm time to go a hunting ;)

Hope you like the pics!

The lanyard came with, not typically a lanyard guy, I'll have to see if I keep it. It looks cool on this knife, but it may bother me...

Last edited:
Great pics MIGUY! I really like how your Gypsy has the relief cutout too for ease of thumbdisc use:thumbup:

Back