The "hall of meat"... (Graphic Injury Pics)

AntDog

Gold Member
Ever been bit by your knife? If so, post a photo, or a story or both! Ill kick it off:

I was in the back yard today playing with my daughter. She said she wanted to swing on her swingset. I walked up and grabbed her swing and about a dozen wasps flew out from under it! I swatted them away, then flipped her swing over....

A BIG wasp nest was under it. I first ran my daughter into the house and told Mama what was going on. Next I flung the seat around until they flew away, then whipped out my knife. I cut the nest off the swing with the main blade...... And then here come the wasps in a big swarm! As I batted them away with both hands I didn't realize I still had my knife open in my right hand. I guess I managed to zip it across my knuckle somewhere in the frantic confusion.

DISCLAIMER - if you are at all squeamish please navigate away from this page! Cut finger content ahead!

It was so sharp I didn't notice it until I saw it bleeding!

Got a photo, or a story, or both? Post it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods please delete, or tell me how I can do so. I've thought about it, and this just seems like the wrong subforum for something like this.

Doesn't seem like the right spot for gory photos....

Antdog you can edit your title to anything you want by going to "Go advanced" and then edit title. :)

Yeeesh! I'm out if we're going to go full frontal gore. Oh....That's not so bad........I thought you were talking dissecting bison or something

Peter

Last edited:
Huh... Well, should I leave it then? And repost my original post?

It wasn't all THAT bad.. Just a cut finger!! Something I'm sure we've all had before and seen before for sure.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a cut photo in my book!

Cool! Well I guess I'll repost my original post *with a disclaimer* and anybody who has a contribution can contribute!

(I promise it's not THAT bad! I'm sure somebody will have my little slice beat pretty quick!)

Thanks brother!

Antdog you can edit your title to anything you want by going to "Go advanced" and then edit title. :)

Should I delete it or let it stand? Is it too over the top? I'm asking honestly. If it doesn't belong here I'll delete it right this second!

I have no problems with your title Antdog, reworded is up to you. I've like many here have had countless cuts at my own doing:eek:

My wife marvels at how skilled I am with a knife and is yet baffled at my ability to my self inflicted harm:D

I told the story along time ago when I took up whittling....Nanc came home to a blood trail from the garage, to the sink and then back out to my driveway where my work van is usually parked:D

I told her I didn't have time to leave a note that I went to the ER:p

Needless to say I just don't whittle much these days:eek: Sorry, no pictures;)

Glad you got your daughter out of harms way:thumbup:

Paul, that's me all over brother!

I'm an absolute master - really deft hand with a blade, until I'm not..... Mr. Murphy decides to visit my house on occasion!

Most times it goes like this: I'll walk in the house pale, with no expression.... I'll leave a trail to the nearest sink.... My wife Jennifer will walk in there and (depending on the amount of blood) say "did you cut yourself?", and if it's bad "do you need to go get stitched up at the ER?"

It doesn't happen on a regular basis, but it's happened enough that she knows the drill if I happen to hurt myself. Most times it's minor, but I seem to need medical attention about every 5 years or so..... Knock on wood! (I'm about due, and hoping to avoid it!)

Good to see I'm not alone!

AntDog, I was so proud to tell Nanc that the ER surgeon said the cut was very clean;)

No stitches just two of those butterfly band aides:D

-No recent knife cuts, but I'm sure we've all "felt" the edge or point of one or more of our knives at one time or another...
I was just going to say, that when it comes to flying / stinging insects like bees & wasps, I've found "Drawing" the spray
much more effective than the knife...:stung:

Haven't had any bad cuts in awhile. The worst of em were when I sliced the very tip of my thumb off and the side of my index finger off. All in all not too bad. My worse cut wasn't entirely a cut but it was on my finger. I was melting felt for who knows why and a piece of the hot melted plastic/felt landed on my middle finger. I reacted instantly to shake it off and I ended up tearing off that molten plastic with a small chunk of my finger.

That little scratch ain't a cut! I get worse than that trimming trees and pulling weeds. The worst wounds are crush wounds. I worked in carpentry and homebuilding for thirty years, and smashed fingers and bruised hands and feet were common. Knocking a fingernail completely off was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced, had one once put me on my knees with everything turning white, just almost hit the ground on that one! Momma told me to not cut towards myself, but I didn't listen well enough................:p

That little scratch ain't a cut! I get worse than that trimming trees and pulling weeds. The worst wounds are crush wounds. I worked in carpentry and homebuilding for thirty years, and smashed fingers and bruised hands and feet were common. Knocking a fingernail completely off was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced, had one once put me on my knees with everything turning white, just almost hit the ground on that one! Momma told me to not cut towards myself, but I didn't listen well enough................:p
Sounds painful. Several years ago when I was still a scout, we went on a beach camp. The beach was very rocky and many of the scouts were trying to catch crabs underneath them. This kid (well no longer a kid now) picked up a large stone to get this crab and dropped it straight on my hand. My index finger was purple and the nail fell right off the next day!

You have to be careful, sharp objects and heavy ones can do a lot of damage in a hurry. A couple of weeks ago I was out in my shop polishing a fixed blade hunting knife with a buffing wheel, wearing shorts and flip flops because it was hot. One little slip, the wheel yanked the knife out of my hand and the edge got my leg twice before the knife made it to the floor. I can't jump that fast to have dodged it! Should have known better, but people get lax and accidents result. Back in 1982 while still in high school, I watched a friend fold a Schrade stockman up on his index finger, cut all the way to the bone. We had a lot of blood to clean up off the Ag class floor.

My last nick worth photographing took a minute or two to stop bleeding. (and by that I mean weeks!)

Severed a nerve, and made my right thumb worthless for quite some time.

Years later, there is still nerve damage, and shooting pain if I bump it (which happens frequently, as I am right handed).

I learned your own bone can roll the edge on your knife!

In Traditional, we talk about traditional knives.
Sometimes we talk about the use of traditional knives. I haven't seen any mention of any "traditional knife" in this thread. So, it is being moved to General

Back