The "hall of meat"... (Graphic Injury Pics)

strategy9

Gold Member
This isn't a knife wound, nor is it my picture, but it's been circulating FB and I thought it belonged here...

A good reminder why never to reach into anything to unjam it, in this case it was reported to be a paper shredder;

But with all this snow among us here on the east coast, its a great reminder to apply to snow blower as well, as those will actually take off some fingers!

This isn't a knife wound, nor is it my picture, but it's been circulating FB and I thought it belonged here...

A good reminder why never to reach into anything to unjam it, in this case it was reported to be a paper shredder;

But with all this snow among us here on the east coast, its a great reminder to apply to snow blower as well, as those will actually take off some fingers!
OMG OUCH....Darwinism at its finest.

59678d63544fd3d104797fff7bee740c.jpg

This is the remnant of a stupid mistake featuring a Benchmade AFO II. I cut clean through both tendons in my index finger and hit the nerve in the long finger. I was in physical therapy for 4 months. My surgeon says it's the best tendon repair he has ever done and most of that was due to my rehab. The scar is amazing when you consider the cut. I will post pics when I get home. They are on the old phone.
53295457705a2ead102dccbed44c01d1.jpg

Found it.

Last edited:
f2ab9761bb014d5682328c8911ecd116.jpg

That's full movement for now. There is still some scar tissue hang up. I worked extra hard in working the scar build up down. I had C diff right around then too. C Diff is an antibiotic-caused stomach disease. So my therapist told me I may have to have tenolysis which is a surgery in which they scrape scar tissue from the flexor tendon. I'm deathly fearful of this stomach infection so I did everything I could to avoid surgery and another round of antibiotics.

Standard78

Gold Member
Wow I hate blood!
This was from my GSO 10. I was batoning some oak and a bee was buzzing around and my dumbass swung at it and caught the tip of the blade when my hand came up. It sliced right through the glove also.
0f1a1cb0171b300d9449bb60961d1279.jpg

f74ff55f0e0a8f39310dfe1d98a1aa29.jpg

74942e745dacef2b1e0ed5a38111ed7b.jpg

I got lucky because it only cut meat.

I got to page 4 before I started getting ill... Good thing I had a light breakfast.

AntDog

Gold Member
Jeebus... Lots of meat in the hall here lately.

Careful fellas!

Tater twister injury.

I'd say, this is the worst injury of them all,fingers shredded like this, doubt there was any other solution apart of complete amputation of fingers.... Totally gross

I'd say, this is the worst injury of them all,fingers shredded like this, doubt there was any other solution apart of complete amputation of fingers.... Totally gross
That pic gives me chills, I can only imagine the pain....but I guess it's accidents like this is why my mower has a big sticker saying don't put your hand underneath while the mower is running...common sense isn't so common these days.

That pic gives me chills, I can only imagine the pain....but I guess it's accidents like this is why my mower has a big sticker saying don't put your hand underneath while the mower is running...common sense isn't so common these days.

I'd say this sort of injury must be way more painful, than actually loosing hand by clean cut.....can't even imagine what that person had to go through.... A lot of us had at least once in life, slammed the door on our finger/s, whether home or in the car ect.what pain did that cause.Having all hand sliced this way must been horrific pain.

350883f217e136f836d5854a80e7d93c.jpg

Years ago sitting in hunting camp by myself widdling a stick. Dad was pretty surprised when he rolled into camp and I was in a lawn chair by the fire work a pile of blood soaked paper towels around me. Still have a dead spot on my finger 15+ years later.

Last edited:
This is a catalog of things not to do with knives lol.

My uncle cut his left pointer completely through except for skin on a bandsaw. Put it on ice and drove the 20 minutes to the hospital.mthey reattached it and it works fine.

2014, on Christmas eve, I was 14 got a becker bk2, I knew my parents were getting it for me so I looked for it...I ended up finding it and for some reason the bk2 was stuck in the sheath and I forced it out stopped the momentum and it came back into my forearm..

Well it bled for about 3 hours and if I opened it up I could see the bone

I didn't want my parents to have to take me to get stitches on Christmas eve so I tried to tend to it myself.
Little super glue and a bandaid did wonders

Well all that to be said I'm lucky I didn't hit a major vain as it would have been very bad.

82929385f19aa3542f576bafebc94d80.jpg