Off Topic The Hand Tool thread

Do they look similar to the one in the upper right of this picture?
9-A600-B08-BCCE-4277-B36-F-BC8-AFF3-D8722.jpg
yeah that's the same cut pattern

I've collected tools for a long time, I didn't even realise I was collecting for many years!

I'll try & post some of the more unusual, starting with these lovely adjustable wrenches, assumed to be coach bolt wrenches from way back.
They appear to be marked "Somborn" & "Montan Werks".

poRq5hS.jpg

zeHcYmH.jpg
Those are fascinating. The one on the left has a faster lower thread. I would guess a left and a right handed thread with the bars to line the jaws up were installed after both jaws were threaded on?

Those are fascinating. The one on the left has a faster lower thread. I would guess a left and a right handed thread with the bars to line the jaws up were installed after both jaws were threaded on?

As you can see in Bob's video the threads are long enough to dismantle it just by unscrewing.

I have one more monster one that needs a handle making...........
lHdhf6U.jpg

Some more adjustables that are more common.
xFfXdTb.jpg

As you can see in Bob's video the threads are long enough to dismantle it just by unscrewing.

I have one more monster one that needs a handle making...........
lHdhf6U.jpg

Some more adjustables that are more common.
xFfXdTb.jpg
is that a sneaky little HTR wrench i see?

yIDvT0g.jpg
D6ljYCS.jpg
l6nTu8f.jpg
4dGuAWQ.jpg

apparently these aluminum/bondo/wood files, what ever they're meant for, have a special type of handle you'd use with'm, at least that's what the guy told me.

I really like these pliers, they're like channel locks but they kinda slide into the right size, i can see these being pretty useful, one of the ends used to have a flat head driver on it but it's long since snapped.

Those are normally called “floats”. Lots of different shapes and sizes. Most known from wooden plane makers! I buy them every chance I get!

Back