The Heart Is Getting Popular

Well, before this turns into a thread where I am expected to lead a crusade against Andy Roy over a heart, let me be the first one to say it will not happen...... Yes, I have and will continue to carve hearts in a lot of my projects. I have my reasons and they are all explained here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1207240-So-Todd-what-s-with-the-heart

Those are my reasons. Everyone has there own reasons and interpretation. Andys reasons may be something totally different and he definitely has the right to exercise it.

I have met Andy and his crew on a couple of different occasions and I got to say they are first class. He spoke with me like a equal the first time this no body knife maker (me) decided to do his first blade show. What Andy does for this industry goes deeper than just knives, he understands and values the craft and taking other people's ideas as his own is not only not his style, but I think would be a attack on his own pride. I do not own the heart. Its been symbol meaning a lot of things for a lot of years before me, and will be long after I'm gone. Andy has to much genius of his own that he needs nothing from me, I have no dought that his reason for using the heart are genuine to him, and good for him for it.......... come to think of it, it is Valentine's day...... that could have something to do with it.

Cheers! ;)

Well said Todd, I believe it was Valentines day 2009 or 2010 that I saw Andy do the first heart in a tang like that. It's not something he does a lot of...

I'm sure those guys at Fiddleback are cool, and good people. And wasn't sounding the horns for an attack, or anything. Just making a wise crack about Busse's trademarked hole. Also, not too many knife makers can put hearts on a knife, and it still look badass. Valentine's Day is more than likely why that one showed up yesterday.

I'm sure those guys at Fiddleback are cool, and good people. And wasn't sounding the horns for an attack, or anything. Just making a wise crack about Busse's trademarked hole. Also, not too many knife makers can put hearts on a knife, and it still look badass. Valentine's Day is more than likely why that one showed up yesterday.

Im pretty sure I understood where you was coming from Rick, and don't take it like I was scolding you because thats not the case either. Its just that I wanted to debunk anything before it was made into something it is not.

As far as the Busse thing. Well, I dont agree with it either, nor do I understand the Busse craze. But I still refuse to speak ill of Jerry. I have spoke with him on the phone and at Blade and besides being a pretty cool guy, he is a brilliant business man. He started out making knives in his dad back yard in a tiny tool shed and has grown it into the empire it is today. So, even if I do not agree with his techniques, I will ALWAYS have respect for Jerry Busse.

Can't help but respect the man. After all he has dominated. Personally, I don't get it, but who am I? Also, I'm sure he's cool, too. But... I hope he's not one of those that's cool as long as you're kissing his ass with every sentence. I hate when people take that attitude. I'm glad you knew where I was coming from, and understood it was totally light hearted (pun in there). In the same breath I understand squashing it before it becomes something it wasn't. Btw, good luck with the snow. I'm getting my fair share as I type.

Class act Todd! You are awesome.......you're all heart (pun intended...haha)

Just a quick quip and then I'll shut up. We all know JB is only "pretty cool" when he is getting his way. ;):D

Such is business I suppose....oh well.

Back