1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Hinderer Anticipation Thread - What Are YOU Waiting for?

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by Lone_Wolfe, Nov 8, 2013.

1. KAEDC

KAEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Thanks, I'm stupidly excited...now I just hope they make CF scales for the new handle shape soon ^^;

2. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    You guys are lucky you're at home to get yours today. I'm out of town this week till tomorrow so I've gotta wait one more day. I'm on pins and needles watching the tracking like a hawk because our mail carrier retired and have had a temp the past few weeks terrible with packages like not scanning them when dropping off and leaving signature required mail at the door. Bright side is a new full time guy started this week but don't know how good he's gonna be. Hopefully the wife will be going to pick it up with the notice this evening. You can never underestimate the importance of a good mail carrier. They'll save you a few points on your blood pressure for sure.

3. JP Chestnut

JP Chestnut

Nov 26, 2013
    My mail guy didn't bother to attempt delivery of my first Hinderer. Then the post office lost it. They found it sitting where he left it in his truck a couple days later.

4. prisoner6

prisoner6

Aug 7, 2003
    Should get my first Hinderer early next week. A 3" Wharncliffe.

5. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Wow, I bet you were flipping out over that one. I know I would have.

6. JP Chestnut

JP Chestnut

Nov 26, 2013
    My mail guy didn't attempt delivery of my three inch slicer today either...

7. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    That sucks. Mine made it safely and signed for, but will be tomorrow afternoon before it's in my hands unfortunately.

8. rnbtexas

rnbtexas

May 7, 2012
    Finally scored the 3 inch slicer flipper. Tracking says it's gong to be here Thursday. Usually like to sell first to free up the funds, but just had to jump on this one so you'll see a box elder mnandi safe queen for sale by the end of the week. Pics when it gets here.

9. kwazyjuice

kwazyjuice

Feb 10, 2013
    Congrats!! It's a perfect 3" for EDC

10. AKWILD

AKWILD Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2011
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    So many of you did get it right a AP Bowie gen 3 with ano lock side and cf smooth scale. Man this is just amazing in hand. I love my black and white photos so here are a few color and b+w. Enjoy.

11. Jensen81

Jensen81

Oct 3, 2012
    That is gorgeous Quake. What a bad ass knife. The grinds on that are incredible. Congratulations!

12. xxfalconxx

xxfalconxx

Dec 19, 2013
    Quake.......congratulations......monster XM......gorgeous XM......
    Definitely a rare fine and a smokin' hot blade.....

13. kwazyjuice

kwazyjuice

Feb 10, 2013
    Hot diggity!! She's a real beauty quake! The smooth cf compliments it well.

14. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    I'm waiting for my first Hinderer I've ever owned (or even seen in person)
    3.5 xm 18 spanto flipper with jade scale I just bought here in the exchange. Very very excited. It ships today :D

My goal was to obtain a large sebenza, and xm 18. I already scooped up the sebenza (in love) and now my other highly coveted piece.

15. CMD2569

CMD2569

Mar 19, 2013
    That was my first Hinderer as well (different scale color).

Congratulations and Welcome to the Herd!

16. meluck

meluck

Jan 1, 2012
    Love it man! I think I have it's twin. Congrats, it is my absolute favorite!

17. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    Thanks man. I appreciate the warm welcome.
    Many pictures to come.

18. AKWILD

AKWILD Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Thanks everyone! I almost dropped it when I unboxed it. Just shocked how the fit and finish is on it. I have been contemplating putting a full ti ano scale on it that I picked up for it but can't get the nerve up to switch it out. Don't want to scratch it! Someday:)

19. kwazyjuice

kwazyjuice

Feb 10, 2013
    Tmack, congrats on your incoming spanto!! It's such a sweet grind!! And yes pics man! :D

Quake, that was a close one almost dropping it... Plus the damage it could of caused your appendages... Glad she's ok! I think you should go ahead and switch to the ano Ti scale... Just do it!! ;)

20. prelude92

prelude92 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2012
    ^ I concur. Then pics.

:D