The Hinderer Anticipation Thread - What Are YOU Waiting for?

Thanks everyone! I almost dropped it when I unboxed it. Just shocked how the fit and finish is on it. I have been contemplating putting a full ti ano scale on it that I picked up for it but can't get the nerve up to switch it out. Don't want to scratch it! Someday:)

Massive knife!! Love it.

Get yourself a bundle of microfiber cloths and wrap the knife up. I always cover the blade of a custom satin that way. No marks, knock on wood.

Just made a deal for a 3" slicer. I had to give up my 3.5" slicer (still have my 3.5 Wharnie) to get it but I am excited to have a little hinderer. Should make for a nice carry for those times a smaller knife is more appropriate. I think copper and CF are in its future:)

Just made a deal for a 3" slicer. I had to give up my 3.5" slicer (still have my 3.5 Wharnie) to get it but I am excited to have a little hinderer. Should make for a nice carry for those times a smaller knife is more appropriate. I think copper and CF are in its future:)

An excellent choice, sir !!! Coming from someone with absolutely no bias either way, I think you will love it and made the right decision !!! :D

That sounds awesome Michael. I think I'm going with brass on mine. Going to keep G10 as well, just trying to decide what color. The OD green looks good, as well as the blue.

My first xm 18 spanto will have the same outfit.
Just ordered copper standoffs and stabilizer from rhk. They said they were out until the 9th and no delivery would go out till the 10th. What shows up yesterday :)

Grabbed two copper and one titanium bead as well.

Hope 3 of the sphere beads doesn't hippy it up too much. Maybe I'll stick with 2. Save one of the copper ones for my titanium and copper flashlight. But it I do that I'll need another titanium to match. I have a matching obsession. We'll see soon.
Never anticipated the arrival of any knife so much!

My first xm 18 spanto will have the same outfit.
Just ordered copper standoffs and stabilizer from rhk. They said they were out until the 9th and no delivery would go out till the 10th. What shows up yesterday :)

Grabbed two copper and one titanium bead as well.

Hope 3 of the sphere beads doesn't hippy it up too much. Maybe I'll stick with 2. Save one of the copper ones for my titanium and copper flashlight. But it I do that I'll need another titanium to match. I have a matching obsession. We'll see soon.
Never anticipated the arrival of any knife so much!

I have never even held a 3" XM. I am normally not a lanyard guy to be honest. However, considering the fact that I think the 3.5" is the perfect size for my hand, the 3" may benefit from a little extra by way of a lanyard and bead. I think a copper bead along with the copper standoffs will go well with my black G10 scale until I can track down a CF scale. Does anyone have any pictures with 3" XMs with a beaded lanyard? I would like to figure out what bead I should get, my first thought is the good ol' Alpha bead but I wonder if it would be too big?

I was about to pull the trigger on a couple alphas but since I want at least two beads, I went with the ribbed spheres (can't remember exactly the name) even they are a little shy of the diameter of a dime. If you only want 1, I don't think the alpha is to big at all.

But those two were my favorite.
I need to lookup a good knot with two ends to fit my two beads.
Most of my knives I did with snake knots, so I may stick to what I know and just slip in two beads in place of the 4th and 6th knot, a little like the silver bead on my sebenza.
I've seen the double end knots occasionally, and they do look great though.

I have never even held a 3" XM. I am normally not a lanyard guy to be honest. However, considering the fact that I think the 3.5" is the perfect size for my hand, the 3" may benefit from a little extra by way of a lanyard and bead. I think a copper bead along with the copper standoffs will go well with my black G10 scale until I can track down a CF scale. Does anyone have any pictures with 3" XMs with a beaded lanyard? I would like to figure out what bead I should get, my first thought is the good ol' Alpha bead but I wonder if it would be too big?

Hey dude!! I think you will be amazed how well the ergonomics of the 3"ers fit your hand!! I'm talking mind blowing here... :)

Finally got my 3" non flipper inbound. It took many of you to make it happen. So you know who you are and thank you! Here is the seller pic. Will dress it up and post pics when it comes in. Thanks BF.

spanto non flipper1.jpg

^^^^^^ Quake.......being a huge fan of the 3" XM......let me just say.......NIIIIIIIIIIIICE........
That is quite a score !!! Insanely rare !!!
Congratulations !!!

Nice Quake! Congrats! The non flippers are pretty bad ass. I carry my gen 2 non flipper twice as much as my other Xms. There is just something special about them. I can't wait to see yours all dressed up.

First slicer on the way...super stoked for this :)

attachment.php

This pic is from the seller is this regular ACU camo?

It looks much more subdued than the regular ACU camo scale. This looks brown where green usually is. I think I saw this in a picture of blade 2014 knives and assumed it was a new type of camo.

First slicer on the way...super stoked for this :)

attachment.php

This pic is from the seller is this regular ACU camo?
For comparison:

Damn I might have to pick up one of those new acu camo scales. I had one in my 24 before I got the frag ti and I really liked it. Camo with bronze steel flame bling is dead sexy and I think like the new ones even better!!!

Delivery of my 3.5 spanto tomorrow.

Copper standoffs and lbs is waiting for it. Rhk website delivery is crazy fast.

:D Super excited.

Back