THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

S&W used the Wesson wood material, the guard was silver soldered. The finish was what we call now "custom'

Reactions: TAH
36078762383_0b5a32775b_k.jpg

Hello. Been a while since I've posted on here, but thought I'd post a few pictures of this one.
It's a bit of a Jimmy Lile inspired mix up really. A bit of First Blood, some Sly II and a sprinkling of Mission.
9" 0-1 blade, 5 1/4" 304 stainless handle wrapped in Atwood Microcord, aluminium cap, 0-1 guard and darkened portion of blade done with ferric chloride.
The stone is a Fallkniven DC3.
fgeNmB1l.jpg

LRB0OItl.jpg

YE82Cjgl.jpg

akpkJNVl.jpg

aKB0030l.jpg

Ae3pvezl.jpg

HFIFA4Rl.jpg

Ian.

I just heard someone describe this knife in the '70s: the handle is rectangular in cross-section and not really hollow. but along the length, you have quarters-sized perforations each covered with a thumb screw. inside each hole you'll find different stuff stowed in: a spool of fishing line with a hook, a cable saw, a compass, some kind of fire-starting material, etc. Know anything like it?

Cheers. 👍

Last year I made a video demonstrating the Lile style saw teeth on one of my hollow handle knives.

I've only just got round to sorting it out in order to post it!

For anyone interested, here it is....

Ian.
That was impressive! Who said sawteeth weren't effective! :thumbsup:

Thanks. 👍

Last videos, I promise!

The first one is a Mission style I made a couple of years back, and the other is the First Blood/Sly II mix and match I recently completed.

Thanks for looking.

Ian.
Post all you want. Sam don't mind. Nice looking stuff. Keep up the good work.

These Explorer knives are a favorite of mine, yet since I dont plan to cut my way out of a cockpit, I really dont need the saw teeth, so removed them from this one. It wii be more useful for me with s a smooth spine.

n81aQ1D.jpg

ahdSMgn.jpg

2SCr4q8.jpg

Lrqejrc.jpg

Last edited:
Back