THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

I can't compete with either the photo skills or the classic knives of some others here (Timberline and Randall! Wow!) but here are some pics of my humble Buck 184:

Hollowhandleknives001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In an earlier post, I mentioned my affection for the Cold Steel Survival Edge. Not a hardcore knife that you would do chin-ups with ;) but for what it is, a great backpacking kit.

Here is one I just bought for my nephew:

For those of you who carry a mini compass in the handle of your knife, do you prefer it to be permanently installed in the buttcap or not?

I prefer not installed due to the issue of abuse during chopping or pounding. However, the cool gadget factor loses a few points when it is not installed!

Okay, you guys gotta stop with the BuckMaster photos until my knife account is back in the black. :love-struck:

69th bowie,

That custom sheath takes your Buck Master to the next level. :thumbup:

I prefer not installed due to the issue of abuse during chopping or pounding. However, the cool gadget factor loses a few points when it is not installed!

+1. Neat, but I agree. I always felt that it has to endure 24/7 what and all shocks the knife experiences thru out its life. The knife is worth more with the compass in the handle tho lol. But they were notorious for being inaccurate. The metal around it affected its accuracy, was what I read. Mines real sluggish moving, like the liquid is too thick or something.

And that leather sheath for the BM looks awesome.

Hello,

Now This is an awesome thread, and one started by my new friend and also the guy that is making 2 brand new handmade hollow handled knives for me, Mr. Sam Wilson. I have quite a coillection of handmade and high end production knives. I cannot figure out how to actually post the pics in here. I have only been posting them via my Phoitobucket page where you click on that to view them. When or if I can figure out how to post actual pics in here, I will be posting them.

I have 4 brand new knives being made right now. I mean, it'll take a few months but believe me, come January they will start rolling in, LOL! The knives I have coming are two high end handmade Sam Wilson hollow handled knives. The first one he is making for me is one that I actually inspired him to make, and sortof gave him the push to do it. We are calling it his Sam Wilson Model 6 and man is it going to be a real beast. It is going to be the very first one of hopefully a nice list of numbered ones made after it. It is also going to be the Prototyle. So rest assure that it is going to be one very special made knife. The 2nd one Sam is making for me is a variation of his awesome Model 2 knife. I tell you, if both of these knives are going to be made as strong and as indestructible as the one he made for himself and owns, well, let's just say these knives are bound to last much longer than me. I am so very excited about both of these, and esp the Model 6, (and the $2 as well), that I can hardly contain my excitement!! Ohh, and both of these knives are going to have a blade made with S35VN stainless steel!!

The next awesome handmade knife I am getting is the MCE II hollow handled knife made by Newt Martin of Martin Knives, paired with a handmade sheath by Steve Shepard (I believe Steve is his name). I almost bought me a Used MCE II knife on Ebay once. The price for it was set at $850. And it was a martin MCE II as well, just like I am having made brand new. When I learned that I could get one made for considerably less than what this crook was charging on Ebay, I passed it right up. Then I saw one on Ebay selling for $650 at another time. I figured that sure it is amde now and could be had in a few days after purchase. But then I thought, "Am I that impatient? I can just wait a few months after ordering. Then I would have my own MCE II made brand new, and still pay a tad cheaper. Several times in the past I had seriously considered ordering a couple of those BSK handmade knives, the First Blood handmade and the Rambo Missions knife...However, after recent events and true negativity and poor business practices of BSK, along with hearing firsthand of how one our very own knife club memebrs was solely mistreated by them, I am sure glad that I didn't! But that is a different story and is Not appropriate for this thread. Anyway, onto better things. Bottom line, in a few months I will have my very own high end handmade MCE II survival knife made by martin Knives!

And now I come to the Last hollow handled knife I have on order and will be made in a month or so, and that is my awesome handmade knife that, while I already have one of, and a few variations of, but none of them movie accurate...but I have on order, and will soon have...a brand newly made Ray Matton First Blood knife and sheath. And I tell you, in my opinion, Ray Matton is by far the absolute BEST First Blood Tribute knife maker I have ever seen. Ray has excellent attention to detail and I heard from others that have been fortunate enough to already own a handmade Ray Matton FB knife, that his is superior above all others. Now this is my Dream knife...a knife that I have wanted my whole life ever since the movie First Blood. I have also wanted a handmade Rambo Missions knife. I actually wanted it first because I actually saw Rambo 2 before I was able to see First Blood. But that is what happens I guess, when you grow up poor. Anyway, my Matton handmade FB knife is going to have a D2 steel blade and guard, a 300 series ss hollow handle, and I believe a ss endcap.

I love hollow handle knives. I've got a pretty good collection going on. Here are 2 of my favorites, believe I posted these in the other thread, oh well.

5.5" and 7.5" Randall 18s. Have had the 5.5" for a few years and recently got the 7.5" from my girl for my birthday. Both are great knives.

I'll get a HH collection pic soon.

PC050377_zps6bf112c5.jpg

Boy, I go out in the shop for a little bit, and you guys go buckwild, lol! Here, let me continue with KDucky's assist. This one is pretty awesome, too! :thumbup:

ACKHandmadeSlyII1stOnePic1_zps234a5a82.jpg

Man, that is a beast! I didn't know that Gil had done any other HH tanto style blades, but that is a monster! That's a cool custom touch on the sawteeth, too.

Wow! :congratulatory: So many great knives! I like the fact that we are seeing some pretty rare ones too.

And to think that, for a few years, I've thought I was one of about 5 people in the world who appreciate hollow handles!

Back