THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

All the high-end custom knives on this thread, and I'm really digging this one, 1Shot! It's got character!

I am in the middle of a (long) process of making a hollow handle knife. My father has made quite a few knives before (no HH though) and is sort of taking the project over because I kind of stalled on it....I would love mine to turn out as nice as this one. Maybe I will post some pics of it to help get me moving along. Sam has already seen the pics. The fun part has been the hours spent conjuring what fashion to connect tang to handle.

Hey, have we talked on Facebook?

And Tom, are you trying to coax people into spending more money, or is it happening accidentally? :D

1SHOT, have you had a chance to use those sawteeth yet? I know they're deep, but in my tests, I found that to a certain degree, the deeper I cut them, the better they worked. Obviously that has to be balanced with aesthetic appeal, but I'm curious about those. And is parkerized, or blued, or coated? I agree, that knife looks as tough as all get out.

Oh, Tom, you haven't even seen my notebook yet. Don't look in the notebook, Tom. Don't look...

You have a notebook? :eek: Oh, crap. :concern:

Lol, just wait and see...
Well, we're 5 pages deep into this mess, and no one's put up a pic of one of the most coveted Survival Knives of the 80's yet? Well, it ain't my knife or pic, but here you go:

Parrish_zps8c80a7a7.jpg

Heres a suggestion for some alternative sawteeth for that extra toned down look. They are off my M9 Phrobis III bayonet.

I don't know the owner of these knives, but it's a nice comparison shot of three big names.

010-9.jpg

Search the bay for "parrish knife" - you'll see an interesting auction for an RP knife with its blade broken.

Geez, what a knife! That one gets two thumbs up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice collection, ctalon! Tell me about the two knives in the 3rd photo, top row, #2 & #6. Never seen those before. Also, is that an original Jack Crain or a tribute knife? Regardless, it looks great! :thumbup:

Back