The Hornet's Nest

Todd has no idea. He got it from some guy and its supposed to be old but they didnt know what it was. Want to refresh my memory on that Todd?

It is a very finely woven micarta. I have a guy that I see a couple of times a year that sells all sorts of materials mostly for handmade traditional muzzleloaders. Hes usually got a couple of boxes of stuff he puts out for the knifemakers and this was in that box. I asked him about it and he chuckled and said that he knows hes had that piece floating around for over 30 years. I believe it to, because the outside of it before I worked it into handle scales was about 4 times darker from the years. I think he charged me .50 cents for it.

That's awesome! I bet it will age nicely then , thanks for chiming in fellas!

Psypo hornet with a coyote brown inner and desert tan outer sheath with a belt/pocket clip.

Seeing double again. Probably should lay off the eggnog!
2013-12-23114954_zps7c064360.jpg

Yeah, they might be a little thinner at the lanyard but not by much if they are. I try to make the Hornet handles the same as far as contour and feel.

The Hornet got a lot of use this last couple days. Even the best wrapped gifts didn't stand a chance. My wife was constantly borrowing mine, you'd think she didn't have her own. My cousin was gifted a Hornet by my Grandma this Christmas. He was really impressed and called me on his way home to inquire about another for his Grandpa.

Mine was on Christmas duty as well. My Grandma liked it and asked about the jimping and what the handle was made of.

Fishy if you like fish, I dont like the smell or even the taste of fish. some guy sent me his Busse and is trusting me with it...

Back