The humble little pen knife

jIS2wo2.jpg
My small collection of pen knives. It may be my favorite pattern of traditionals. I was surprised how small the 305 actually are. Sorry for the bad picture and that it is a day late.

I'd say you are correct ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Everytime we've had an autumn bone in the last 20ish years I've swore to get one, and missed it each time... This new run I've hemmed and hawed that it'll be too spolotchy of a dye job, even for me (I tend to prefer the less than "perfect" case scales with color variations).

All that said to say this; yours is gorgeous! Sometimes it just takes seeing a Real photo, not the stock or sales images...

Next bit of play money should see me getting one!

Last edited:
I noticed they rounded everything on your autumn bone 6208 too, I thought they may have recently done away with that.
That's one of the biggest things about my red jigged 6208 that I miss on my white smooth bone.

Anyone got an idea why they'd choose to leave the sides on the white smooth bone mostly flat ?

20220411_104232.jpg
I've had this humble little pen knife in my pocket all week.
For a square bolstered serpentine pen, I don't think it gets much better than the Buck 305.
Maybe if they were carbon steel I suppose.

I think theres a Camillus in carbon steel that's essentially the same as the 305 they produced under contract for Buck, but I don't like the Camillus blades as much as the Buck made 305 blades.

Back