The 'I ❤ Nathan' Thread

I think I'm gonna put the kibosh on the pony thing by going full on truthy:

Nathan, you know that I luv ya man, more than any other knifemaker in the entire Universe but I gotta tell you that you ain't getting a pony! It was all a ruse like Santa Clause, the Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

Figured this thread could use a little attention.

Was doing a little yardwork today and used the Behemother to chop down a ~3" offshoot and to limb and chop it into 3' sections for the brush pile.

LOVE the rubber inlay handle scales. I've had micarta scales, Terotuf and Ebonite, and the rubber inlay scales are just amazing. The grip/friction beats all the other options, and aesthetically, the contrast of the black rubber inlays and natural micarta is striking, but that grip is just fantastic.

Even without needing to swing hard, the Behemother bites deep and doesn't stick in cuts. With the grippy rubber scales, it doesn't require a super firm grip for secure retention/control. Between not needing to swing hard to bite deep, and not needing to death grip the handles for secure control, this big knife is surprisingly easy to use.

I've used a lot of big knives, and between the less secure grips wasting more energy due to the tighter grip required, and the less efficient geometry requiring/wasting more effort per swing, in comparison, I can swing this puppy a lot longer and make many more cuts before tiring out.

The only reason this won't replace the MC as my preferred Large Camp Knife, is due to preferring not to carry the added weight, but for chopping things where I won't be hiking a lot (and don't need an axe), the Behemother gets the nod.

Pity Nathan doesn't intend to make any more of these rubber inlay scales. For the folks who haven't had the chance to use them, you're missing out.

You're my # 3 on this sub. I just wanted you to feel the lurve today:

36d.jpg

Is today, 8/20, really Nathan's and Martin's birthday? If so, happy birthday to them both.

Nathan: you are still my 3rd most fave person on this sub and thou shall never be supplanted from your bronze medal position :)

#youknowwhosfirstifyouvalueyourlife

#lovethyself

Back