• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The 'I Don't Have Time' lot, 70ish (sold)

OK, so when my grandfather passed away a few years ago, I wound up getting the knife collection. Rather the knife drawer full of odds and ends. He ran a small community swap shack at his house, and sold everything from wrenches to pickled pigs feet. He sold a lot of pocket knives, and was also given a lot of them by passers through. There are some Owl's Head, Frost, Case, Schrade, Buck and other usual brands in there. With a lot of Chinese novelty knives, and penny bucket flea market knives as well. I simply don't have time to comb through them any further... So I'm selling it as a lot. Along with the initial lot of 58 knives come 11 (I think...) novelty knives in their respective boxes. These are mostly Owl Head brand as well, but also include some cheaper Chinese marks too. The include a Millennium commemorative, John Wayne, Princess Di, Stormin Norman, Rubber gate, Lorena Bobbitt, and a few others. With that is an Appalachian trail Schrade 75th anniversary knife.

0311181405-1.jpg
0311181405d-1.jpg 0311181406e-1.jpg 0311181421a-1.jpg
On to the second post for price and another knife that can be included...

I'd like to SOLD for the whole lot plus shipping. F&F preferred if you're comfortable. If not, add a few bucks please to compensate...
I also have an odd but really well made knife I don't know much about. I've been told varying things about it. And only have a guess as to what it is worth. I'll throw it in to square the deal to an even $SOLD. It is an Owen's Cutlery (Kentucky I believe) Blue Moon trapper. It is done in a blue jigged bone, and from what I can tell, was mostly hand done. The grinds, soldering and such all look mid to late 80's or so small production or one at a time style work. I've been quoted anywhere from $50-150 value. I have no idea. But if it sweetens the pot, good.
0311181409-1.jpg
0311181410-1.jpg
0311181413b-1.jpg
I know this isn't going to make anyone's collection. But may be a few good ones in there to sell or trade. And maybe a few to start a kids collection or to hand out as novelty pieces. If I'm way off the mark, let me know... I think that comes in more than fair for the whole lot.

PM or email me for more. I have more pics via email too. Cheers!
-Eric

Last edited:
Feel free to make an offer. I learned how to Smith from my grandfather, but beyond that, his taste and mine were completely different. I'm modern, complex. He liked anything with a blade. Literally... There were some of those toenail clipper knife things in here that I just handed out to whomever. May be right for someone to swap meet out, give away, pick through and find the gems.... Just don't have the time with all I have in my shop right now.
Thanks...

"Don't get where you're going with this. We are hosted, (way past gold membership) these are all like knives, all in one post as required..."-- I wasn't going anywhere with it, your original post had
no payment, pricing, or shipping information, I just wanted some clarification and you've clarified so I deleted the link to the exchange rules and said "thanks". Nowhere else to go, thanks!

"Don't get where you're going with this. We are hosted, (way past gold membership) these are all like knives, all in one post as required..."-- I wasn't going anywhere with it, your original post had
no payment, pricing, or shipping information, I just wanted some clarification and you've clarified so I deleted the link to the exchange rules and said "thanks". Nowhere else to go, thanks!

I gotcha. I didn't think about it in isolation from the second post... Hence deleted mine too.

Thanks.

I'll take them per our PM!

Thank you!

Payment sent

Last edited:
Back