The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

Details...I noticed my inlay Inkosi has these 2 grooves in the lockbar that my PJ Inkosi doesn’t have. Odd but interesting little detail.

Gx1DdgSl.jpg
58D34904-A5D0-42A1-B733-9A5AB128ADF1.jpeghttps://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-inkosi-appreciation-thread.1572411/page-15#post-19704431

There’s your answer

Posting to join the Inkosi club. I’ve mainly used Benchmade folders since family vacations that my dad always ensured included a stop at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I enjoy the feel of the Mini Grip, and I currently have half a dozen of ‘em around. Fast forward to a favorite blogger’s review of the small Sebenza 21 as the perfect EDC folder, and I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I liked the description and look of the knife. I got over the sticker shock - I’m used to buying sub-$200 knives - and decided to snag a small plain Insingo Sebenza 21.

After much anticipation, the knife arrived and I was ... well, let’s just say underwhelmed. It wasn’t very comfortable in-hand compared to the Mini Grip. More importantly, it was very hard to open. Bruised my thumb hard to open. Searched YouTube to find out if this was supposed to be normal hard to open. In the end, it was too pricey to keep if I didn’t absolutely love it, considering I already owned plenty of knives I did love. I decided not to try carrying it and returned it unused.

I couldn’t help but continue looking at posts here about the Sebenza 21 and the Inkosi, and eventually I decided to try again to love a CRK. I was a bit shy about giving the 31 a try given my experience with the 21, and the Inkosi has such a dedicated following here that I decided to venture back into the pool.

That brings me to last Friday, which saw the arrival of a small Inkosi Insingo CF. I don’t know if it’s the CF scale, or the ergonomics of the finger grip of the Inkosi, but I am thrilled to say that I definitely got the “oh wow!” feeling I’d wanted/expected from the Sebenza when I lifted the Inkosi from the box the first time. The first impression was so positive that I immediately thought that I’ll get a backup for this one, and I expect I’ll have a difficult time choosing between a plain, a WC and a red Micarta.

The Inkosi is significantly easier for me to open, and my hand fits around it much better than the Sebenza handle. I used it immediately to open a package containing a Mini Grip blue class that is a replacement for one that was stolen last October (and which now may not see much use). The lanyard falls to the wrong side in my right jeans pocket, so that may have to come off, but I have found my new EDC knife - no doubt.

Kudos to the community here for helping to create another CRK believer.

nSgqxPy.jpg

Posting to join the Inkosi club. I’ve mainly used Benchmade folders since family vacations that my dad always ensured included a stop at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I enjoy the feel of the Mini Grip, and I currently have half a dozen of ‘em around. Fast forward to a favorite blogger’s review of the small Sebenza 21 as the perfect EDC folder, and I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I liked the description and look of the knife. I got over the sticker shock - I’m used to buying sub-$200 knives - and decided to snag a small plain Insingo Sebenza 21.

After much anticipation, the knife arrived and I was ... well, let’s just say underwhelmed. It wasn’t very comfortable in-hand compared to the Mini Grip. More importantly, it was very hard to open. Bruised my thumb hard to open. Searched YouTube to find out if this was supposed to be normal hard to open. In the end, it was too pricey to keep if I didn’t absolutely love it, considering I already owned plenty of knives I did love. I decided not to try carrying it and returned it unused.

I couldn’t help but continue looking at posts here about the Sebenza 21 and the Inkosi, and eventually I decided to try again to love a CRK. I was a bit shy about giving the 31 a try given my experience with the 21, and the Inkosi has such a dedicated following here that I decided to venture back into the pool.

That brings me to last Friday, which saw the arrival of a small Inkosi Insingo CF. I don’t know if it’s the CF scale, or the ergonomics of the finger grip of the Inkosi, but I am thrilled to say that I definitely got the “oh wow!” feeling I’d wanted/expected from the Sebenza when I lifted the Inkosi from the box the first time. The first impression was so positive that I immediately thought that I’ll get a backup for this one, and I expect I’ll have a difficult time choosing between a plain, a WC and a red Micarta.

The Inkosi is significantly easier for me to open, and my hand fits around it much better than the Sebenza handle. I used it immediately to open a package containing a Mini Grip blue class that is a replacement for one that was stolen last October (and which now may not see much use). The lanyard falls to the wrong side in my right jeans pocket, so that may have to come off, but I have found my new EDC knife - no doubt.

nSgqxPy.jpg
Congrats on the new knife. Love the 21 but the Inkosi is my preferred worker, only by a bit. Fully trust them both tho.
CRK grew on me as well. I wasn’t blown away on opening my first one. Over time and the more I carried and actually used it, I really started to appreciate it. Very well built knives

Some 21s start life hard to open. My experience has been that they eventually ease up, especially after a couple of take downs. My Inkosi on the other hand started out easy to open and totally solid and smooth. No changes after 6 months of regular use and no need to take down and clean.

nSgqxPy.jpg
I could barely open this sebenza after tightening the pivot in 2015, now it is probably my smoothest one.
My cousin bought his daughter a $450 softball glove a couple years ago, she wouldn’t use it because it was “too stiff”. I wouldn’t rule a sebenza image.jpg out in the future, if it doesn’t fit your hand that’s a different story. Nice knife

Back