The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

DCD, can you comment own the StarKosi? How do you like that handle compared to the PJ and Mikarta? I have a Natural Micarta Insingo and love it - Eager to hear your thoughts on (if price was not a factor) StarKosi vs PJ vs Mikarta.
I prefer the micarta Inkosi over all of them. It feels the best to me in hand. It also helps in winters, the other two can get a little cold outside and I’m not a big glove wearer. The Starkosi does offer a bit more grip than the Pj but I don’t think the handle slabs are any wider than the other two. I’ve never ran into a situation where I thought the Pj was slick tho. The Starkosi hides snail trails pretty well also, I prefer snail trails.

If I had to choose between my Starkosi and Pj I’d most likely go with my Pj. That’s mainly bc it’s insingo, I’ve had it the longest, and it has a ton of wear marks on it. I also listed it for sale once and would’ve regretted it if it would’ve sold. Ask me tomorrow and I may say starkosi. But micarta is my favorite hands down and hasn’t changed for a long time.

I prefer the micarta Inkosi over all of them. It feels the best to me in hand. It also helps in winters, the other two can get a little cold outside and I’m not a big glove wearer. The Starkosi does offer a bit more grip than the Pj but I don’t think the handle slabs are any wider than the other two. I’ve never ran into a situation where I thought the Pj was slick tho. The Starkosi hides snail trails pretty well also, I prefer snail trails.

If I had to choose between my Starkosi and Pj I’d most likely go with my Pj. That’s mainly bc it’s insingo, I’ve had it the longest, and it has a ton of wear marks on it. I also listed it for sale once and would’ve regretted it if it would’ve sold. Ask me tomorrow and I may say starkosi. But micarta is my favorite hands down and hasn’t changed for a long time.

Very cool - thanks for the detailed response. I am very happy with my Micarta and can't get over how much I love the Insingo blade. I am smitten with how that blade performs in daily use. If I could have one more, I'd really like a PJ or CF Inkosi with Damascus Insingo blade - don't think they've made that yet - hope to see the Damascus Insingo as an option at some point. Having the Inkosi, I've been surprised at how little I want to carry my Sebenzas now. I reach for the Inkosi just about every day. I prefer the action and like not having that detent of the Large21. Thanks again.

By the way, does anyone else feel the lanyard positioning is backwards on the Inkosi for right pocket carry? lanyard wants to lean left when carrying strong side. This has me carry my RH Inkosi on the left pocket. Disappointing, but will probably just run it without a lanyard so it can ride in the right pocket. The large 21 lanyard pin allowed the lanyard to rotate freely and ride properly to the outside edge of the front pocket. Hopefully I’m just missing something :)

yes I feel the same way, so I run mine without its lanyard, buy my 21 always has its lanyard helps with pocket time you no!

Very cool - thanks for the detailed response. I am very happy with my Micarta and can't get over how much I love the Insingo blade. I am smitten with how that blade performs in daily use. If I could have one more, I'd really like a PJ or CF Inkosi with Damascus Insingo blade - don't think they've made that yet - hope to see the Damascus Insingo as an option at some point. Having the Inkosi, I've been surprised at how little I want to carry my Sebenzas now. I reach for the Inkosi just about every day. I prefer the action and like not having that detent of the Large21. Thanks again.
No problem, anytime. I’m the same way, I reach for my inkosi’s way more and miss them when I carry my 21s. A Damascus insingo Inkosi would be perfect 28F0191A-765B-46DF-830F-3A822DD324DB.jpegI’ve found the tanto works pretty dang well for work as well

81Fk0Dj.jpg

wnFXiQK.jpg

Large Insingo - Small Insingo - Small Tanto

I missed out on the KG Gunkote black in DP but I snagged the Tanto. Guess I'm gonna be joining tanto Tuesdays from now on

Back