The itch is itching!!

We all know this feeling. We thought we were done but, the feeling to buy another knife is back! I believe what I've narrowed it down to is the BM Anthem, large Inkosi, XM-18 3.5", a Medford folder with the blade around 3.5", Hinderer Eklipse, Curtiss F3 medium standard. This knife is gonna be a user, also I'm not too worried about cutting geometry or slicing performance as I don't use it to cut apples or tomatoes.

Love my XM-18 non flipper. Either that, or the Medford slim mini marauder. I’d like to try that one out myself.

If I had none of them I'd go with the CRK hands down, though I prefer the Sebenza over the Inkosi. All solid choices though and you'll probably own them all before too long ;).

Haven't waded into the CRK waters yet, but the large Inkosi has been on my list of knives to check out for a little while. Wanted to handle one first, though, to get a sense of how well it feels in my hand. Let us know what you decide.

All good choices. You will probably own each one over the next few years and finally get close.

I just went from

Inkosi> XM-18 >Sebenza>XM-18. So I'm no help. I will say the XM handle is the my favorite by a hair. But the 21is more comfy in all grips.

The Inkosi is amazing but the finger groove is a bit small for me and is the only thing keeping me from getting another.

Last edited:
The Inkosi is amazing but the finger groove is a bit small for me and is the only thing keeping me from getting another.

That was my reason for wanting to handle one first. If I've read any complaint about the Inkosi, it was that it didn't fit quite right for some folks's grip. Seems like it might be even more the case with the handle of the small Inkosi, as that handle can be a three finger grip in some hands, and the addition of the Inkosi's finger groove made it awkward.

I've been lusting after a sheepsfoot xm-18 recently, so that'd be my choice from your list. Hinderer has really stepped up recently. The skinny options and the new pivot hardware are fantastic upgrades.

OP - I/we know the feeling. Unfortunately, buying just one of them will not let the itch go away. You'll have to try all/most of them. If money is tight, I suggest you go one by one, or two buy two. Buy one or two of them, try it/them out for a short period of time, sell them, and move on to the next one or pair. After all have been tried, you'll have a better idea which one or two suit you the best. To minimize your $$ loss, buy them all in the secondary market. For your finally selected one(s), you can buy new.

I'd go Inkosi. I held out on getting one for a while and finally bought a used CF Inkosi. I love that knife. Won't ever sell it.

I should've probably mentioned I already own a xm-18 fatty and a praetorian scout. So i already have a Hinderer and a Medford. I'm beginning to agree that i should go CRK on my next purchase. As far as the Inkosi handle I wear XL sized gloves but don't really have fat fingers. I'm now trying to decide which CRK model I should go with.

I will say a Sebenza 21 is in its own category. I’ll have another one again some day.
Still wish they would run the steel a bit harder.

I should've probably mentioned I already own a xm-18 fatty and a praetorian scout. So i already have a Hinderer and a Medford. I'm beginning to agree that i should go CRK on my next purchase. As far as the Inkosi handle I wear XL sized gloves but don't really have fat fingers. I'm now trying to decide which CRK model I should go with.
Large Sebenza 21 is the only way to go in my book. It’s a legend.

No one likes the Medford letter and policies...

But they do look sick! I vote Medford.

I wear XXL size gloves and can tell you that the finger grooves on the large Inkosi are comfortable in all grips and not really an issue to worry about. I will however say that the finger grooves make the height or "tallness" of the handle smaller than the Sebenza so it's not as palm filling and could fatigue your hand more for extended cutting but that shouldn't be an issue for most of your tasks and is still comfortable.

In your list I would pick either a large micarta Inkosi drop point or a Curtiss F3

Rather than the XM18 or the eclipse I would go for a ZT, at least that is what’s I did last week when I have got my 0393. Very happy of the knife so far. In term of robustness i think it can be compared to a PM2. That should make a good user

Grab a Curtiss, the understated and often overlooked "heavy-use" folder IMO.
BladeHQ just added a bunch and they likely won't last (they have large and medium models).

Back