The Itch

I've had it bad the last couple days, but can't buy another Buck till I check a 305 clipper off my list of traditionals.

That is unless I add another Buck model to my list :D
See, I've got it so bad I'm looking for loopholes and trying to trick myself.

We wouldn’t be part of BOA (Buck Owners Anonymous) if it were any other way. :D
None of us will ever get our coins :rolleyes: (no offense to anyone who has achieved such a milestone, or participated in the real deal)

Aluminum and ebony 110, and a standard new 110 in ebony and brass both on the way. They had a couple of the aluminums stashed back in the warehouse, so I got lucky. This has been a fun thread. Thanks guys.

I think these two will scratch the January itch :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hickory - Maybe one of these extra ones will help with that itch.

HyHsfnj.jpg

I've been setting a little aside for a while since my knife budget took a nose dive. I didn't go crazy, but I recently got a little 503, which is cool small blade. I also got a 501 with green micarta from DLT and I grabbed a 111 from Mike on the exchange....

Reactions: BP_
I've been setting a little aside for a while since my knife budget took a nose dive. I didn't go crazy, but I recently got a little 503, which is cool small blade. I also got a 501 with green micarta from DLT and I grabbed a 111 from Mike on the exchange....

That 111 was a really nice pickup. I had my eye on that one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That 111 was a really nice pickup. I had my eye on that one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's beautiful for sure. I've never held one before and it has a different feel than a 110 to me. It was sharpened quite a bit so I sent it to Buck for a re-blade. It was tough sending something so nice out for a few weeks the day after you get it...

Reactions: BP_
It's beautiful for sure. I've never held one before and it has a different feel than a 110 to me. It was sharpened quite a bit so I sent it to Buck for a re-blade. It was tough sending something so nice out for a few weeks the day after you get it...

I have always liked them as well. The bolsters are different and I like that they stand out compared to a standard 110.

Sending to the spa is always bittersweet. I love the end result, but don’t like the wait. But we know it’ll be worth it in the end :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Since there's ALWAYS a odd one it's a neverending battle with me..I envy the rare Buck fan that that gets the 'itch' scratched.

It will be scratched for this month.
I’ve been eyeing a 111 for a couple weeks now as well.

We’ll see what happens. I have two 110’s waiting for me when I get home, they showed up today.

I don’t think I could ever be done for an extended period. I’ve already got a 192/692AG on the list. Been looking at a 111.... it might be an expensive but fruitful summer.

Plus, gotta have something to go with the new pistols I’ve bought this past few weeks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone else had it lately...?

Wanting a new Buck. I know I’m going to pick up an Alaskan Guide 692. I’ve missed it since I sold it, back when I didn’t think I cared much about it. But I’ve still got an itch that the Vanguard won’t scratch...

Especially after the other steel thread I started. I want a new 110. But can’t decide wether or not to go custom, custom shop, or standard with the new ebony handles...

I know it’s entirely up to me, I know. But it would be nice to see some variations and hear some suggestions... different materials and such holding up to different using conditions...

I’m pretty set on either 420HC or maybe something in S30V if I step it up a notch... but I’m really not as concerned with blade steel as I am with design/material. I don’t collect 110’s, I have several, but there are so many variations my little pea brain just can’t pick a good brand new user :D:confused::rolleyes:
Scratched my last Buck itch with one of those 2019 Ebony handled 110s a couple of months ago. Beautifully made knife, solid lock up, no issue at all. But now the itch is back... :D

And bam! Just won an offer on the same knife I was looking at on C&C!
That should take care of the itch.....till next month.

Back